• 1 year
    • 2 years
    • 5 years
    • never

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest donaltopablo

I see the US military role fading into camps (rather than spread out across the country and in the cities) as time progress, but I see them staying there at least 2 years more.

I believe this is assuming that Iraq doesn't turn favorable to the US (or at least the government) and all them to setup full time bases, which I think the Bush Administration hopes they will. I believe the US would prefer to have an American friendly government that allows them to consolidate their middle east forces and provide them a little more freedom. They have already reduced their presence in Saudi.

Guest donaltopablo

Why does it even matter? We freed these people, they will be grateful to us forever, so a few years of helping them out and policing the nation won't hurt. Your selfish if you want us out immediately.

I'm probably with you that I support the war. I also agree we should not rush to pull them out... I think that would make matters worse for us, not better. However, my primary motivation for wanting to return the troops above all else is simply because it's a rather long/rough deployment on them. I would much rather see those troops be home with their families, if done properly.

My personal feeling is that bush and crew have handled all post 911 activities in a very ameturish and non-productive manner. We should spend our money on destroying the terror networks by playing their game of clandestine planning and dibilitating offensive strikes. A huge deployment of US military personel and equipment in a primarily defensive role (occupation) bleeds our treasury dry, and produces no positive results in improved world stability and safety, just dead soldiers and lost credibility.

And a few days before the war of course everybody's favorite Vice President was claiming that they were reconstituting their nuclear weapons programs and saying that the IAEA were wrong, but he always makes out to lunch statements like that.

I say they won't leave as in they'll stay like how they're in Japan or South Korea. They are both free countries yet somehow they agree with US foreign policy like 99% of the time sly.gif

• 2 months later...

And a few days before the war of course everybody's favorite Vice President was claiming that they were reconstituting their nuclear weapons programs and saying that the IAEA were wrong, but he always makes out to lunch statements like that.

I say they won't leave as in they'll stay like how they're in Japan or South Korea. They are both free countries yet somehow they agree with US foreign policy like 99% of the time sly.gif

Great to have countries agree with us, I always say.

We'll be there two years. Or until Iraq finally gets its first IKEA.

Archived