T.J. Maxx Opening Soon

bigboyz05

T. J. Maxx will make it's debut in Texarkana on Aug. 20th. The store will be 26,000 sq. feet and will be located in the booming Texarkana Pavillion Shopping Complex. It will carry clothing for women, men and children, giftware, domestics and accessories among other things. The store will add 75 jobs to the local economy. To read the whole article go to:

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2...news/news02.txt

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TJ Maxx is a great store, and just like Marshall's. Don't you already have a Marshall's? If so, you'll likely know the kind of store I'm talking about. It's also somewhat similar to Burlington Coat Factory, only on a smaller scale. I've always thought TJ Maxx was a cool store... good to see you guys are getting one. My mother-in-law always shopped at the one here, so she'll LOVE knowing you guys are getting one!

Cool, any other retailers coming to this center?

Lot's of stores/restaurants are already there. Like Ruby Tuesday, On The Border, Old Navy, Cold Stone Creamey, Starbucks, UPS Store, Home Depot, Super Target and Carnival Shoe Store just to name a few. There are many more I just can't remember them all. As for new stores, Kohl's is the next store set to open. A 300,000 sq. foot expansion of Texarkana Pavilions will begin soon. Right now, I don't know which stores will be in the expansion. I'll keep you posted though.

TJ Maxx is a great store, and just like Marshall's. Don't you already have a Marshall's? If so, you'll likely know the kind of store I'm talking about. It's also somewhat similar to Burlington Coat Factory, only on a smaller scale. I've always thought TJ Maxx was a cool store... good to see you guys are getting one. My mother-in-law always shopped at the one here, so she'll LOVE knowing you guys are getting one!

I heard that Talbot's and Tanger Outlet Center may be coming here as well. There was a rumor about Burlington Coat Factory coming here a few years ago so I guess that won't happen.

I heard that Talbot's and Tanger Outlet Center may be coming here as well. There was a rumor about Burlington Coat Factory coming here a few years ago so I guess that won't happen.

I don't know about Tanger, but I do know there was a feature in your newspaper the other day about trying to lure an outlet development to downtown. They noted successes in Shreveport and some town in Maine as a good enough reason to try.

And I'd heard about Burlington as well. I'd guess that's still in the plans....

I don't know about Tanger, but I do know there was a feature in your newspaper the other day about trying to lure an outlet development to downtown. They noted successes in Shreveport and some town in Maine as a good enough reason to try.

And I'd heard about Burlington as well. I'd guess that's still in the plans....

That would be great if something like that was downtown! It would really spruce up the area as well as spur more development. Something needs to be done with the old Mc Cartney Hotel. Either it should be refurbished, if it's not too late or tear it down.

Archived