Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aporkalypse

Favorite Arkansas weekend getaways

9 posts in this topic

Mine are Hot Springs, Eureka Springs, Heber Springs, Greers Ferry, Buffalo River, and Petit Jean in that order.

Let's hear your favorite spots to get away and spend the weekend.

^

I can never get away from the office. :D

If I had to choose, Hot Springs would be my choice. You got the National Park, Magic Springs, Crystal Falls, & Oaklawn Park.

^

If I had to choose, Hot Springs would be my choice. You got the National Park, Magic Springs, Crystal Falls, & Oaklawn Park.

I grew up spending my summers there. I love it. There's tons of other stuff to do as well with the lakes, botanical gardens, Mid America Museum, etc.

I love Hot Springs! I went there for the first time in 1992 when I was 14. I fell in love with that place! Me and my family stayed at the Majestic Hotel. Does anyone know if it's still open? Anyway, I remember us going to the Petting Zoo, Magic Springs and a few museums including the observation tower. I hear Magic Springs has really changed since 1992. Millwood Lake is also a favorite getaway of mine. It's so peaceful there.

^

What's Crystal Falls?

What's Crystal Falls?

The waterpark adjacent to Magic Springs. It's actually quite nice.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention mine. I'd have to say Buffalo River is certainly on top for me. I'd also put Eureka Springs and Mt Magazine up there too.

Since I live in hot springs....I'm going to have to say........

1) Albert Pike Recreational Area. I like to think of it as the "buffalo river" of the Ouachitas. Not many people know about it, which is another plus. The Little Missouri River was almost designated a national river.

2) Buffalo River

3) Petit Jean

4) Mount Magazine/ Mt. Nebo

5) Ozarks in general

Although these probably don't exactly qualify as "Arkansas weekend getaways", I'd also list Devil's Den, Beaver Lake/White River, and War Eagle.