Favorite Arkansas weekend getaways

Aporkalypse

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

I can never get away from the office. :D

If I had to choose, Hot Springs would be my choice. You got the National Park, Magic Springs, Crystal Falls, & Oaklawn Park.

I grew up spending my summers there. I love it. There's tons of other stuff to do as well with the lakes, botanical gardens, Mid America Museum, etc.

I love Hot Springs! I went there for the first time in 1992 when I was 14. I fell in love with that place! Me and my family stayed at the Majestic Hotel. Does anyone know if it's still open? Anyway, I remember us going to the Petting Zoo, Magic Springs and a few museums including the observation tower. I hear Magic Springs has really changed since 1992. Millwood Lake is also a favorite getaway of mine. It's so peaceful there.

Since I live in hot springs....I'm going to have to say........

1) Albert Pike Recreational Area. I like to think of it as the "buffalo river" of the Ouachitas. Not many people know about it, which is another plus. The Little Missouri River was almost designated a national river.

2) Buffalo River

3) Petit Jean

4) Mount Magazine/ Mt. Nebo

5) Ozarks in general

Archived