Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poohsfolks

North Winds Square Changes

23 posts in this topic

The plans have changed for the North Winds Square development at Wesleyan Drive, Riverside Drive and New Forsyth Road. According to the Macon Telegraph, instead of being a lifestyle center, it will be a big-box development. One large big-box retailer (144,000 square feet), with 22 out-parcels around it. The only name for sure... Cherokee Brick and Tile will build a retail store and showroom.

The plans have changed for the North Winds Square development at Wesleyan Drive, Riverside Drive and New Forsyth Road. According to the Macon Telegraph, instead of being a lifestyle center, it will be a big-box development. One large big-box retailer (144,000 square feet), with 22 out-parcels around it. The only name for sure... Cherokee Brick and Tile will build a retail store and showroom.

Umm, let see how can I put this? I THINK THAT'S BULLSH*T!!!!!!!! Big-box is old news and I dont think that type of development is going to fit in with everything else on thats side of town. When I read that in the paper, I was very upset.

Just a quick update. The property for the North Winds development is now being cleared, with only a small number of trees and a lot of abandoned homes still standing.

Just a quick update. The property for the North Winds development is now being cleared, with only a small number of trees and a lot of abandoned homes still standing.

Why did they change it from a lifestyle center to a big-box? What part of Macon the North Winds Square is located?

Why did they change it from a lifestyle center to a big-box? What part of Macon the North Winds Square is located?

North Macon. Right down the street from IKON. I believe its the corner of Bass and New Forsyth. I am askin the same question about the change to Big-Box. Why would P&Z even approve that change?

I pass though that area last week and the site is pretty much cleared except for some run down houses, I wonder since macon is experiencing so much grow in the north bibb/south monroe county area, will they annex the city limits to that area...... also Bulter toyota has a site cleared down by sutton acura...on the other side of 75....

The Macon Telegraph article I linked to earlier seems to have expired, and I don't remember if it explained why the developers chose to make the change. But the office buildings seem to have disappeared from the plans.

As for the location, it's on the triangular piece of land bounded by New Forsyth Road, Bass Road, Riverside Drive and Wesleyan Drive. Basically, it's everything from the Marathon gas station on Riverside down to Bass Road.

I thought that this development was strictly office??? What is it now? Maybe the y axed the office aspect in intrest of saving downtown.

I thought it was a combination of office & retail. Although since the changes have been made i dunno what it's gonna be.

the president of sembler said( i think in oct of 2007)they where working on a site in macon,

to bulid a high density mix-used development.the site i think is northwinds square.does anyone

else have any info on northwinds square,or the sembler development.

the president of sembler said( i think in oct of 2007)they where working on a site in macon,

to bulid a high density mix-used development.the site i think is northwinds square.does anyone

else have any info on northwinds square,or the sembler development.

semblers website list macon town center as a 460,000 sf retail center,

under development in macon,ga.anyone know what is going in here?

Looks like this project has been downsized. The March-April newsletter shows the size as 460,000 sf. The May-June newsletter cuts it down to 250,000 sf. Not much of a Town Center. Why the fight over name?

Does anyone have any info on this? Sembler's Sept-Oct newsletter doesn't even mention this as under development.

What I have heard is that they where going after Target to anchor the development, but Target decided to go into Lullwater Village. and after they signed and Fickling changed Lullwater to a power center most of the stores they were going after followed Target to Lullwater Village.

So now i wonder what will be in there next approach.....any info when the lullwater construction will start or will it be in 2010 like Market place