Manchester Highway Proposal

dfwtiger

^ Yeah. I think the place where they get residences is when a developer plops down a 100 lot (example size) subdivision and the city says only a certain percentage of the exterior can be vinyl siding and the rest is to be brick with trees and so on. Of course, zoning lawas are made to coincide with fire codes, etc.

I've been trying to find a site plan for this project. Do any of you have any way of finding one?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More in today's Rutherford section of the Tennessean. Damn, this one's large.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...8/1150/COUNTY07

Murfreesboro needs to bite the bullet and develop a new zoning category for this development. It should be a form based code that reacts to the contextual needs of this project. More developers are looking to mix up uses and layouts....however....standard Eculedian zoning is not going to cut it...we need something different.

• 1 month later...

^ To me it doesn't matter if it's a residence or a business. It's still an infringement of the landowner's property rights. But you're right, it definitely seems to be more directed at businesses than residences in general. My assumption is that they would have a tougher time getting away with forcing aesthetic choices on residences.

Any news on this project?