Lofts at New Center

Allan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen the project myself. I'd rather have a project that extends right up to the sidewalk, creating a more urban environment, but this is Detroit. We need to take all the development we can get. Hopefully we can keep all the suburban crap out by 7 Mile Road though.

unless there is some phase i don't know about of the project, they dont' face woodward, (which i admit is not for everyone) but they face the cross-street, and the base of the building is a good 40 ft from woodward.

Hopefully theres some kind of later phase to this project with some basic businesses to fill that gap, which probably won't happen.....

• 4 weeks later...

Great project, Interior wise, I definately see some things I could add to the townhouse project I'm working on. Exterior wise, I don't mind it being set back a little from the street, because its residential and the yard space adds to its overall market value. However, the facade could use a couple more things like a contemporary metal awning or front porch.

Yeah, I agree, Lakelander. The setback from the street wouldn't be so bad if they added a porch or something to the facade. Just keep in mind that this is Detroit. We'll take whatever development we can get! Of course with the extremely difficult & long permitting process, no wonder we don't see more development in the city! The whole city government is corrupt and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

i always wondered what those looked like on the inside.

i take issue with the fact that they put aluminum siding on the sides that faced each other- it looks ugly and you CAN notice it from the road despite what the developer thinks.

they have some more credible lofts going up on 3rd street in the lower cass corridor that look surprisingly nice. they have not bricked them yet but the windows are plentiful and have a design consistency that matches the industrial aesthetic in which most of us associate with a "loft".

they have some more credible lofts going up on 3rd street in the lower cass corridor that look surprisingly nice. they have not bricked them yet but the windows are plentiful and have a design consistency that matches the industrial aesthetic in which most of us associate with a "loft".

Cool. Do you have any pics? I've never heard about this project before.

Archived