Connecticut Gas Prices....

drc72

OK Connecticut is averageing $3.15 a gallon, and $3.13 has been the lowest I've seen in the past week. My job took me up tp West Springfield, Mass today, and to my surprize, I was seeing $2.91 and $2.89 a gallon average for regular unleaded, as I was driving down I91 in Springfield. Somebody had told me that Ludlow, Mass had a gas station selling regular at $2.81 a gallon. Why hasn't CT budged on their prices, when surrounding states are already lowering their prices on gas? :angry:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to something I read today, we are averaging $3.22 a gallon, tied for second with California, and only behind Hawaii ($3.36)

Oh, btw, $3.09 on the Berlin Turnpike, it's the Citgo right between Home Depot and Northeast Utilities....

It is true...even in places where you would expect high gas prices...they are still cheaper then CT.

On Cape Cod during the high season when hundreds of thousands of tourists flock to the Cape gas was about $3.07 and on the Mass Pike rest areas gas was about the same as some of the cheapest stations in CT (such as that 3.09 citgo)

Also for cheap gas I know a few weeks ago those two gas stations by Airport Road in the south end/south meadows area of Hartford were pretty cheap. One is a Shell and a new one opened a few weeks ago and when they opened they seemed to be competiting for business by lowering prices.

It is true...even in places where you would expect high gas prices...they are still cheaper then CT.

On Cape Cod during the high season when hundreds of thousands of tourists flock to the Cape gas was about $3.07 and on the Mass Pike rest areas gas was about the same as some of the cheapest stations in CT (such as that 3.09 citgo)

Also for cheap gas I know a few weeks ago those two gas stations by Airport Road in the south end/south meadows area of Hartford were pretty cheap. One is a Shell and a new one opened a few weeks ago and when they opened they seemed to be competiting for business by lowering prices.

In Florida -- gas is selling for 2.70. the state might reduce the state tax on gas for a month -- to zero. In Connecticut, IIRC, back in 1970s, the Democrats wanted to get even with the gas company by putting a tax on profit of the barrel of gas, so the oil company raised the prices to have the CONSUMERS to pay for it. Taxes aren't paid by companies -- it is paid by the consumers. It was never repealed.

Jim S

The other on Brainard Rd is the new Mercury Station, which is known for having cheap gas. They've gone back up though, those 2 stations are more in cahoots with each other than competing, I think. Also, New Jersey has way cheaper gas AND you don't have to pump it yourself....

According to something I read today, we are averaging $3.22 a gallon, tied for second with California, and only behind Hawaii ($3.36)

Oh, btw, $3.09 on the Berlin Turnpike, it's the Citgo right between Home Depot and Northeast Utilities....

Yeah the Berlin Turnpike is known to have cheaper gas prices.

In Florida -- gas is selling for 2.70. the state might reduce the state tax on gas for a month -- to zero. In Connecticut, IIRC, back in 1970s, the Democrats wanted to get even with the gas company by putting a tax on profit of the barrel of gas, so the oil company raised the prices to have the CONSUMERS to pay for it. Taxes aren't paid by companies -- it is paid by the consumers. It was never repealed.

Jim S

The consumors always ends up getting screwed on that deal.

Mass has always been cheaper than CT..I dunno...taxes?

Hartford has some really price-gouging stations around...

A little over a month ago, we were almost the same price as Mass. Except Mass decided to lower their prices. I always fill up in Mass when I go there.

I mean I could see if we were a state that had a great mass transit city that people used, if we had fully thriving cities and wanted to encourage use of our mass transit system then maybe a gas tax. But if all of our neighbors, all of which are basically in the same boat (high gas prices, lots of car drivers, some mass transit depending on the area - NYC great transit for example) have lowered their gas prices by some method then we need to.

I just came back from Jersey, cheapest gas in Jersey (that I saw): $2.77/gal

gas on the Merritt in Greenwich: $3.39.....

The Putnam area has prices about $3.12 per gallon. Across the border in R.I. it is down to about $3 and I know of a station in Providence for $2.89.

Mark

The Putnam area has prices about $3.12 per gallon. Across the border in R.I. it is down to about $3 and I know of a station in Providence for $2.89.

Mark

Yeah it's $3.12 a gallon here in Cromwell. It just went down a penny today, WHOOPDIDOO!!!! :rolleyes:

Last night it was $3.07 in the Willimantic area, $3.29 in Guilford/Madison. When you're in a money town, why not charge more?? Gotta love it.

I actually spotted three gas stations at 3.03 on route 6 in the Brooklyn area right after paying a "cheap" 3.07 in willi. It's 3.12 at cumby's on rt 12 in Norwich and the next best in the norwich area that i know of is 3.15

Just an FYI, if anyone happens to be on the Mass Pike, you can get gas in Ludlow, MA for 2.77 as of yesterday.

My last check in downtown Springfield at the Pride Station where I usually get gas was about 2.88.

Thankfully, I can walk to work from my apartment. Gas is a killer.

Just an FYI, if anyone happens to be on the Mass Pike, you can get gas in Ludlow, MA for 2.77 as of yesterday.

My last check in downtown Springfield at the Pride Station where I usually get gas was about 2.88.

Thankfully, I can walk to work from my apartment. Gas is a killer.

I passed by that station today in Springfield. Gas stations in CT border towns must be losing out to a lot of gas stations in Mass.

Archived