North Bossier major development

Mudbugger

Hey everyone!

I was perusing the Stirling Properties site and found a new site plan for the massive development at the intersection of Airline/I-220.

http://stirlingprop.catylist.com/files/pro...sier_P54REV.pdf

From the looks of the layout the Kohl's is gone and a 16 plex movie theater is in it's place.

The basic layout of it is very reminiscent of the Tinseltown in Shreveport.

Never mind the fact that there is at least one restaurant that is named which is new to the area, Logan Roadhouse.

Take a look and gape in awe at the development of Bossier.

Mudbugger

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome, Mudbugger, thanks for posting this!

Yeah, the cinema has been on there for a while now... but they've still yet to name it. I'm with you, it certainly looks like a Tinseltown based on the footprint.

The Logan's Roadhouse and Academy, however, are very much new. Awesome! It's about time Bossier was able to compete with Shreveport. To be quite honest with you, after Bass Pro opened, I never would have expected to see an Academy built in Bossier. I believe this is a true sign that Bass Pro isn't hurting Academy at all, since Academy is more of a broad-range sports retailer than Bass Pro.

By the way, we're the last place on Earth to get Logan's Roadhouse, but I'm glad to see it! Now we'll have Roadhouse Grill, Texas Roadhouse, and Logan's Roadhouse. Some people already have a hard time keeping up with Roadhouse Grill and Texas Roadhouse! :wacko: It's great to have more choices like that, though.

I believe these additions are also a good sign that, even with the Boardwalk in central Bossier, North Bossier/Benton is a VERY strong retail market.

By the way, I see Stirling finally did something about directory browsing. I've gotten a lot of information that way in the past, and I suppose they didn't appreciate that. :)

• 1 month later...

Well, I've discovered more new developments for Airline Drive. One of these developments is just south of the new Walgreen's at Airline and Greenacres Blvd, and that is Red River Bank. This bank has come into our region with a bang. They opened their first location early this year or late last year in downtown Shreveport's Milam Place Condominiums building and have been planning other locations since. I know there is one location under construction at the corner of 70th/Kings in southeast Shreveport, and I'd heard of another Shreveport location but I can't recall where. Now I know they are getting ready to move into the Bossier City market. That's a smart move for sure!

Another new development I've learned about for Airline Drive is another location of Moe's Southwest Grill. This restaurant is planned for the new SDI-owned retail strip in front of the Lowe's on Airline Drive. I already knew Firehouse Subs was planned for that strip, but Moe's came as a surprise to me. I really like Moe's, so it'll be great to have one 15 minutes closer to my home.

Further down Airline Drive toward Benton, just south of Le Oaks Drive, another apartment complex is planned. This is in the same general area (but other side of Airline Drive) as the Cypress Pointe and The Reserve apartment complexes.

I also know of a new convenience store planned for Benton Road, north if I-220, but don't have any information on that yet.

Well, I've discovered more new developments for Airline Drive. One of these developments is just south of the new Walgreen's at Airline and Greenacres Blvd, and that is Red River Bank. This bank has come into our region with a bang. They opened their first location early this year or late last year in downtown Shreveport's Milam Place Condominiums building and have been planning other locations since. I know there is one location under construction at the corner of 70th/Kings in southeast Shreveport, and I'd heard of another Shreveport location but I can't recall where. Now I know they are getting ready to move into the Bossier City market. That's a smart move for sure!

Another new development I've learned about for Airline Drive is another location of Moe's Southwest Grill. This restaurant is planned for the new SDI-owned retail strip in front of the Lowe's on Airline Drive. I already knew Firehouse Subs was planned for that strip, but Moe's came as a surprise to me. I really like Moe's, so it'll be great to have one 15 minutes closer to my home.

Further down Airline Drive toward Benton, just south of Le Oaks Drive, another apartment complex is planned. This is in the same general area (but other side of Airline Drive) as the Cypress Pointe and The Reserve apartment complexes.

I also know of a new convenience store planned for Benton Road, north if I-220, but don't have any information on that yet.

what about the huge land behind the walmart/lowes on Airline. Why hasnt that space been cleared. Would be nice to see some apartment complexs back there. Then again the traffic is bad enough.

Also, what about the side road they were (havent bee over there in a while) that was running along side I220/viking drive in between shed rd and airline (beind the big church on Viking dr.)

what about the huge land behind the walmart/lowes on Airline. Why hasnt that space been cleared. Would be nice to see some apartment complexs back there. Then again the traffic is bad enough.

You know, I tell my wife the same thing every time we go to either that Wal-Mart or Lowe's. The road is there now but it dead-ends, opening up a wide range of possibilities for the land behind those super stores. Apartments would be an awesome thing to put there. And to be honest with you, while Airline Drive traffic is already horrendous, there won't be 300+ people entering and exiting the apartments at the same time, all the time, so I'd bet it wouldn't affect Airline Drive traffic too bad. Besides, additional roads could be built from that area to Douglas Drive or to Viking Drive to get some of that traffic out of that main area.

I'd still like to see something become of the land between Home Depot and Wal-Mart. That is the only piece of land left undeveloped along that stretch of Airline Drive now, and there were once some pretty big plans for that land. I'd love to see it pop back up with a large retail proposal. In my opinion, if Kohl's is still interested in north Bossier, they need to be talking with a developer about that property. And to be honest they might already be doing so.

Also, what about the side road they were (havent bee over there in a while) that was running along side I220/viking drive in between shed rd and airline (beind the big church on Viking dr.)

Man, I can't even place what road you're talking about and I have lived in that area most of my life. I'll have to scratch my head a bit and get back to you on that. :lol:

The Stirling Properties website has an aerial posted for the construction of the retail center at I220 & Airline. Judging by the Summer 2007 projected opening, this is probably several months old now.

592.jpg

GLA/ACREAGE: Approximately 700,000 SF & Outparcels

ANCHOR TENANTS: Target, Belk Department Store, Bed Bath & Beyond, Ross-DressFor Less, Shoe Carnival, PETsMART, Catherine's, Chase Bank, Hibernia Bank, Chick-Fil-A, PJ's Coffee & Wine, Afterhours Formalwear, Cingular Wireless, Serenity Spas & WOW Wingery

PROJECTED OPENING: Phase I: Summer 2007; Phase II: Fall 2007

PROPERTY SUMMARY:

Retailers looking to be among the other top national retailers in Bossier City will want to consider this center, which will be anchored by a Super Target, Belk Department Store, and a cinema. Bossier City' residential growth, income growth, and tremendous traffic growth over the last 7-8 years has made the Shreveport/Bossier City MSA worthy of a two store market to many national retailers. Additionally, this location has great visibility along Interstate 220 & Airline Drive. Be one of the many to join this hybrid center that will offer discount, entertainment, and lifestyle components.

And other files for the project available on the Stirling Properties website:

533.jpg

http://www.stirlingprop.com/uploads/Bossier_ePackage.pdf

I assume the developers send out this "ePackage" to prospective tenants. The site plan page of the package shows a large adjacent parcel labeled "future development". I wonder if there are any plans proposed for that site.

haha..sorry about that...I was loopy on cough syrup. If you get on I220 at airline and head towards LA Downs. On the right hand side of the highway they are (or were) creating a side road towards swan lake rd.

OH... I think I know what you're talking about.

If that's the road I'm thinking about, it's a road that branches off Shed Road and goes back toward I-220 and stops. That is an extension of the Ruben E. White Industrial Park that hasn't developed up yet. I don't think they expected Viking Drive to take off the way it has, so rather than new industrial businesses building on that new road, they're all clustering up along Viking Drive.

And other files for the project available on the Stirling Properties website:

533.jpg

http://www.stirlingprop.com/uploads/Bossier_ePackage.pdf

I assume the developers send out this "ePackage" to prospective tenants. The site plan page of the package shows a large adjacent parcel labeled "future development". I wonder if there are any plans proposed for that site.

The site plan was revised a while back, I'll have to find the newer one and post it. The "future development" has since been changed to show a multiplex theater and other businesses. Another anchor tenant not listed on the old ePackage is Academy Sports, which will be this area's second Academy location.

Also, work is moving along quite well. The parking lot for Target is being formed up as I saw it yesterday.

Here it is. Click on the site plan within the ePackage to isolate the site plan. I couldn't get the zoom tools to turn on, so I saved it to my hard drive and opened it in my own Adobe Acrobat. From there I was able to zoom it to see the details...

http://stirlingprop.catylist.com/files/pro...Oct2006_REV.pdf

EDIT: if you right-click on the webpage PDF file, you can use the zoom tools without having to save it to your hard drive. Pardon me, I'm a slow learner... ;)

One more thing to point out... the Academy is showing a boat yard. Looks like they're planning on competing with Bossier's other large sporting goods store, Bass Pro. The south Shreveport Academy doesn't have a boat yard as far as I know, so this is definitely different.

ALSO: The Kohl's is showing a 20,000 sq. ft. future expansion area, similar to the expansion area shown for Target. These stores must really have high expectations for expansion in north Bossier City. I think that's awesome.

That's an impressive new development for north Bossier; and huge too. That's really good to see. I like the term "hybrid" center.

Just curious as to what type of development that is on the aerial site on the other-side of I-220 ??

This is all good for Louisiana.

Sterling Properties has a massive new development only a stone's throw from where I live in BR in the Millerville/I-12 area. And they continue to purchase more land for another phase of development.

Awesome aerial Brian. You did that ? Very nice; I always enjoy looking at color-coded aerial development. I need to learn how to do that. That's very impressive; it's only a matter of time before that corridor is completely filled-up. I like the lay-outs of the neatly shaped neighborhoods to the left too. The new Stirling Development will have a drainage canal/ bayou/ creek? running thru the middle of it. What's it look like? Could they dress-it up a little and make a "bayou-walk" with fountains and walking path to hang-out? ha....maybe not. Just being silly.

Interstate's seem to have become Main Street in most cities.

Awesome aerial Brian. You did that ? Very nice; I always enjoy looking at color-coded aerial development. I need to learn how to do that. That's very impressive; it's only a matter of time before that corridor is completely filled-up. I like the lay-outs of the neatly shaped neighborhoods to the left too. The new Stirling Development will have a drainage canal/ bayou/ creek? running thru the middle of it. What's it look like? Could they dress-it up a little and make a "bayou-walk" with fountains and walking path to hang-out? ha....maybe not. Just being silly.

Interstate's seem to have become Main Street in most cities.

The funny thing about that is there's a shopping center in southeast Shreveport called Bayou Walk. But the bayou is behind the center and certainly isn't dressed up.

This new center I'm not sure about. I know they had to leave the bayou in the center of it, so I assume (and hope) they're planning to dress it up nicely.

Anyway, yes I threw that together real quickly with the help of Photoshop and Google Earth. I left out some developments that are already existing, like Wal-Mart (next to Lowe's), Home Depot, and a slew of restaurants. I should have noted at least Wal-Mart and Home Depot on there anyway.

The neighborhoods you're talking about are: on the north side of the photo, Greenacres Place, and on the south side of the photo, Old Greenacres. They are both Bossier's 'Greenacres' neighborhoods.

Here it is. Click on the site plan within the ePackage to isolate the site plan. I couldn't get the zoom tools to turn on, so I saved it to my hard drive and opened it in my own Adobe Acrobat. From there I was able to zoom it to see the details...

http://stirlingprop.catylist.com/files/pro...Oct2006_REV.pdf

EDIT: if you right-click on the webpage PDF file, you can use the zoom tools without having to save it to your hard drive. Pardon me, I'm a slow learner... ;)

whats new about this version? Is the movie theatre still there?

and whats with the swamp behind the site? Why isnt that being developed?

whats new about this version? Is the movie theatre still there?

and whats with the swamp behind the site? Why isnt that being developed?

About half of Phase II has been redesigned. The movie theater is gone and Kohl's has been put back, and Academy is now in the upper-left corner. Both Academy and Kohl's are shown as large stores.

To my knowledge that's not a swamp but a private reservoir behind the project and is probably still owned by Haynesville Mercantile.

The development IS huge. That's so exciting for Bossier City. It amazes me how so many of the national tenants included in this development just only in the last couple of years have opened their first store in the SBC area. Since it is considered a 2-store market, that just goes to show you how under-served by retail the city has been.

By the way, is the cinema no longer a part?

The development IS huge. That's so exciting for Bossier City. It amazes me how so many of the national tenants included in this development just only in the last couple of years have opened their first store in the SBC area. Since it is considered a 2-store market, that just goes to show you how under-served by retail the city has been.

By the way, is the cinema no longer a part?

Looks like the cinema is gone. I was told by the developer that the cinema was only thrown in there because talks with Kohl's had failed to materialize into real plans.

• 2 months later...

Aerials of the development site were updated in mid-November on the Stirling website:

1418871_DSCF9950Labels.JPG

1418875_DSCF9992Labels.JPG

The site is massive! Also, the retail leasing listing says some space will be available as of 7/1/2007. I'd like to see that happen.

They highlighted Beene Blvd and Meadow Creek Blvd that you mentioned, Brian. On the bottom aerial, it looks like there's something else under construction across Airline... wait, is that the Starbucks plaza?

Archived