North Bossier major development

Mudbugger

Aerials of the development site were updated in mid-November on the Stirling website:

1418871_DSCF9950Labels.JPG

1418875_DSCF9992Labels.JPG

The site is massive! Also, the retail leasing listing says some space will be available as of 7/1/2007. I'd like to see that happen.

They highlighted Beene Blvd and Meadow Creek Blvd that you mentioned, Brian. On the bottom aerial, it looks like there's something else under construction across Airline... wait, is that the Starbucks plaza?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to run by Walgreens this afternoon, so I went to the new one north of I-220 on Airline. When this particular store was built, Greenacres Blvd had to be extended across Airline for access to the store. Well, now I see that there's a Zoning Change sign behind Walgreens, at the very end of Greenacres Blvd, and it appears clearing has begun to extend Greenacres Blvd yet again.

I'd read something about medical offices (dental, etc) being planned for some property in that general area. I wonder if that's what is going in there. Hmmm...

I had to run by Walgreens this afternoon, so I went to the new one north of I-220 on Airline. When this particular store was built, Greenacres Blvd had to be extended across Airline for access to the store. Well, now I see that there's a Zoning Change sign behind Walgreens, at the very end of Greenacres Blvd, and it appears clearing has begun to extend Greenacres Blvd yet again.

I'd read something about medical offices (dental, etc) being planned for some property in that general area. I wonder if that's what is going in there. Hmmm...

There is no telling what is going on in that area. IMO I think there is probably more development, by far, that there is on Youree. There has been a ton of medical offices out there for a while, now it is getting the retail that has been lacking. I noticed the other day the posts are up for the signage at the coming Target.

BTW, have you seen the CVS property in Haughton? That property is HUGE compaired to what I thought it would be!

It IS larger than I thought it would be, but I'm disappointed to say that it appears to be the size of the North Market CVS property. And that store is ugly. :sick: I really hope they don't make that mistake again. Their stores at Airline/E. Texas and Barksdale/Jimmie Davis are very nice.

A MUCH better area, no doubt. Haughton is really growing now, so we really do deserve a decent store. That North Market store is fugly, and something I hope they never do again. I'd also not be surprised to see a new CVS built in Benton, Greenwood, Stonewall, or all the above within the next couple of years. All these areas have similar populations and are growing at about the same rate.

I think it would be awesome to have some development down in the part of Haughton where you live. That is one of my major issues with moving back down there. It could use a Wal-Mart, a grocery store and some fast food places. I think it is a matter of time, but it will not be soon enough for me.

Takes at least 10 minutes (at 55 mph) to get to the McD's at Bellevue/Hwy. 80. I told my wife tonight that it's a pain in the @$$ living in such a tiny town and still taking that long to drive to McD's. I'd love if they'd build a McD's, Burger King, Taco Bell, and any other fast-food chain on Hwy. 167 by my house. Even those simple little fast-food joints would be such a big deal in this town, especially since there's so much residential development coming up over this way.

If they didn't want to build a full-fledged Wal-Mart here, Haughton would be a PERFECT fit for one of their Neighborhood Market stores. Shreveport-Bossier is yet to have even one of those stores, though we have multiple areas where they would be successful (Haughton, Benton, south Bossier, north Shreveport, etc.)

Right now we go to the Minden Wal-Mart because it's just as easy to get to from my house as the Airline Wal-Mart but is FAR less crowded. Well, usually!! My wife said it was a madhouse the other day, since it's the Christmas shopping season.

But still, I think Wal-Mart does need to look at Haughton again. It's clarly NOT the same town it was 10+ years ago when they closed their Haughton store. It's got a higher population and wealthier demographics, and it just keeps growing.

Right now we go to the Minden Wal-Mart because it's just as easy to get to from my house as the Airline Wal-Mart but is FAR less crowded. Well, usually!! My wife said it was a madhouse the other day, since it's the Christmas shopping season.

But still, I think Wal-Mart does need to look at Haughton again. It's clarly NOT the same town it was 10+ years ago when they closed their Haughton store. It's got a higher population and wealthier demographics, and it just keeps growing.

I found this old site plan of the Stirling Properties development:

217601679.jpg

I know it's been revised since, but I really like the pedestrian-oriented area they originally designed around two of the department store anchors. To me, that would've had more of a "lifestyle center" atmosphere than the newer site plan which shows everything separated by a sea of parking lots. :(

I found this old site plan of the Stirling Properties development:

217601679.jpg

I know it's been revised since, but I really like the pedestrian-oriented area they originally designed around two of the department store anchors. To me, that would've had more of a "lifestyle center" atmosphere than the newer site plan which shows everything separated by a sea of parking lots. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Crime in Bossier is still continuing the downward trend!! In 2005, Bossier City recorded only two homicides... and in 2006, only ONE!!!! Shreveport is roughly 4 times the size of Bossier, but even with a lower homicide count in Shreveport for 2006, they STILL had 30 times the homicides Bossier had.

Amazing. Keep it up, Bossier... the growth is going to continue to be non-stop after everyone hears this news. ;)

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/70129027

Crime in Bossier is still continuing the downward trend!! In 2005, Bossier City recorded only two homicides... and in 2006, only ONE!!!! Shreveport is roughly 4 times the size of Bossier, but even with a lower homicide count in Shreveport for 2006, they STILL had 30 times the homicides Bossier had.

Amazing. Keep it up, Bossier... the growth is going to continue to be non-stop after everyone hears this news. ;)

• 5 months later...

Archived