Creative Village

sunshine

Paul Brinkmann at the Sentinel is reporting more details on the 15-story student tower to receive a review tomorrow. Details include dorms, education/education support facilities and 12K sf ground floor retail. I'll add a link as soon as I have access if no one posts it before.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Paul Brinkmann at the Sentinel is reporting more details on the 15-story student tower to receive a review tomorrow. Details include dorms, education/education support facilities and 12K sf ground floor retail. I'll add a link as soon as I have access if no one posts it before.

Here's the link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-ucf-valencia-creative-village-dorm-20170508-story.html

• Like 1

It is very massive with the L shape going all the way up.  I like the design though.  Those curtainwall elements tie it together somewhat and the crown is reminiscent of CitiTower.  Looks kinda like a better version of Modera combined with CitiTower actually!

I agree.  Perfect area to make real green protected bike lanes and then tie it in with the transit station under I-4 and the new colonial pedestrian bridge/OUT.  That would have been great for the future with the students and young people they are targeting.  Yooooooj missed opportunity there.  It would have set a great example, and they would probably actually USE them unlike some other bike lanes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WAJAS98 said:

My only real issue with the construction of Creative Village so far is that the roads were built from scratch and yet they still did not make the bike lanes protected.  They had the ROW and money to work with.

Agreed, and that wasn't the only thing they screwed up on, there were others as well. I'm glad the streets were finally built but they really missed some opportunities.

I agree about the bike lanes, but to play devil's advocate: I've heard people say that if the speed limit is less than 25 mph, then bikes should be in traffic. Nonetheless, they could have used this as an opportunity to create a legit bike trail connecting to OUT/Gertrude's Walk like @dcluley98 said.

Anyone going to the groundbreaking today? 

17 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Which corner is this on?

The upper image is looking northwest, and the lower image is looking southwest.

It is the building on the corner of Terry (New) and Livingston (new) in yellow and pink. Keep in mind this is an old rendering. Amelia is planned to keep its current curvy alignment going through Creative Village and the park will be larger to the north due to this.

2222.PNG

9 hours ago, alex said:

I agree about the bike lanes, but to play devil's advocate: I've heard people say that if the speed limit is less than 25 mph, then bikes should be in traffic. Nonetheless, they could have used this as an opportunity to create a legit bike trail connecting to OUT/Gertrude's Walk like @dcluley98 said.

Anyone going to the groundbreaking today? 

I'd agree when it comes to neighborhood streets. In downtown areas, the high-traffic and congestion makes it so protected bike lanes should still be considered even at low speeds.

Edited by WAJAS98
  • Like 1