Creative Village

sunshine

On 5/16/2017 at 10:11 AM, alex said:

UCFdowntown8.thumb.jpg.5e091a9cc9dad082aed847eea21e3f6a.jpg

In the latest renderings you can see the armory on the left side. The tennis center, however, is giving way to the student housing building. 

While I hate to lose the tennis courts, making the armory the focal point of a park (hopefully with some nice landscaping) will give it the respect it deserves. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2017 at 2:49 PM, Urban Mail Carrier said:

Does anybody have any thoughts on Amazon 2nd headquarters and the creative village?? Is there any room left at the creative village site for an Amazon building?

Has Creative Village been designed-out yet?  I mean, renderings are one thing, but the only thing I know of going in for sure are the UCF/Valencis building and the 12-15 story UCF student housing building.  Has anything else been proposed and approved?

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this project.  The OBJ said this was a $90M project.  Is that right?  How can this cost that much when the Tremont building is about $100M?

Anyway, this is fantastic for what it is.  I'm not sure why buildings on the Orange Avenue corridor can't at least be built like this one.  I know, $$$.

3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I really like this project.  The OBJ said this was a $90M project.  Is that right?  How can this cost that much when the Tremont building is about $100M?

Anyway, this is fantastic for what it is.  I'm not sure why buildings on the Orange Avenue corridor can't at least be built like this one.  I know, $$$.

I would assume that this figure includes full build-out, at least of residential space, as opposed to Tremont build-out is probably on lessees. I don't know a lot about construction, but I think that individual plumbing for each apartment's kitchens and bathrooms vs. one set of bathrooms per floor for commercial, all the additional walls, etc. add up.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

OBJ has updated renderings of the student housing building.

Basically the same general design, but with some minor changes to the windows, colors, etc.

That building will be noticeably larger than the nearby Marriott on Livingston; a  bit taller and much broader.  It should be very visible from I-4; definitely from the Plaza.

Edited by jrs2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm wondering how it, along with CSP, will affect the "feel" of driving through downtown on I-4.

Just having these two additional massive and highly visible structures looming on either side as you pass through should enhance the "big city" feel of driving through downtown, but the question is, by how much?

• Like 2

On 11/16/2017 at 5:46 PM, JFW657 said:

I'm wondering how it, along with CSP, will affect the "feel" of driving through downtown on I-4.

Just having these two additional massive and highly visible structures looming on either side as you pass through should enhance the "big city" feel of driving through downtown, but the question is, by how much?

I would say by alot.  I pondered the same thing when the Magic announced the new stadium and how close it would be to I-4, along with those new ramps they built in the Phase 1 interchange reconstruction a few years back.  So now, you'll have CSP on one side, and as you head farther east, you'll see the UCF building about 3 blocks from Hughey on the left.  It will give more "depth" to the west side development which is great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1