sunshine

Creative Village [Proposed]

4 hours ago, JFW657 said:

We could borrow the crawler from NASA...

396121main_sts1-lg.jpg

Run it right up Hwy 27 to I-4 eastbound.

We'd age like wine by the time that Jawa Sandcrawler got here! (BTW, that's the first shuttle flight (white external fuel tank)

curious...what would the weight of that thing do to a highway?  I think that crawler and some excavation rigs are the largest land vehicles ever built.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

We'd age like wine by the time that Jawa Sandcrawler got here! (BTW, that's the first shuttle flight (white external fuel tank)

curious...what would the weight of that thing do to a highway?  I think that crawler and some excavation rigs are the largest land vehicles ever built.

Yeah, I remembered the white tank. I watched the first one go up from a fire observation tower a little west of US-1. A guy my roommate knew worked for the forestry service and let a group of us up there. April 1981 as I recall. Actually, I think the first two or possibly three were white as well, so the one in the pic might not be #1.

But yeah, not only would the weight destroy any road  it travelled on, but it's probably too wide even for a divided four lane highway.

But then, we're just being facetious here anyway.

• Like 1

My grandpa lived in Central FL when the first shuttle went up.  I didn't, but when it went up he bought me a space shuttle necklace and sent it to me.  I still have that necklace packed in a box somewhere. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jrs2 said:

All I'm thinking of is all the mast arms and power lines getting knocked out as its being brought over.

• Haha 2