Creative Village

sunshine

Here are some details from the UCF housing page, who will manage the residential portion of the property, very much like they do the Towers on the main campus (which were developed and are owned by a separate entity - or at least were while I was a student.)

UnionWest has three different 4-bedroom floorplans to suit the needs of many types of students. Shared bedrooms are available in two of the three unit types, while private bedrooms and baths are also available. Units are fully furnished and include all utilities and WiFi. Each student has their own private mini-fridge, desk, wired network connection and closet within their bedroom. Some units include kitchenettes and in-suite living rooms. In addition, each residential floor has a 1,600-square-foot Gathering Room for studying, entertaining and socializing, along with a full kitchen and laundry facilities. Convenient parking and bike storage within the building are available for a fee.

And the renderings - emphasis on city skyline. 

Exterior-web.jpg

Club-Room-web-2.jpg

Gathering-Area-web-2.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/9/2018 at 10:10 AM, JFW657 said:

I dunno. Creative Village doesn't sound all that horrible to me.

Maybe a bit pretentious sounding at first, but I imagine we'll get used to it in time.

I suppose that once it's all built out, fully operational and us locals are going there too, for whatever our reasons, it will, along with the CV moniker, begin to develop a kind of cozy familiarity. 

Let's just hope that whatever it ends up being lives up to the name. 

...mainly to loiter...ya know...'cause it's new...

On 5/9/2018 at 10:25 AM, JFW657 said:

That could very well turn out to be true.

I always kinda liked Centroplex.

CV at Centroplex

There are 3 Under Construction (Academic Commons, Student Housing-UnionWest at Creative Village, and Amelia Court), and plans for Parking Garage, Ustler - Prism Residences at Creative Village, and Mill Creek/Modera.

Here is CV Phase 1 website with details on the projects: http://www.cityoforlando.net/economic/creative-village/creative-village-phase-one-profile/

(Mill Creek/Modera is not on there as they just bought the land)

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I was recently in Buckhead.  That place is nuts.  I saw the Solaire's evil twin there and alot of other awesome buildings I'd love to see in downtown.

What amazes me is that Buckhead is Atlanta's THIRD skyline. Even Atlantic Station, the FOURTH skyline is something to envy...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, orlandouprise said:

What amazes me is that Buckhead is Atlanta's THIRD skyline. Even Atlantic Station, the FOURTH skyline is something to envy...

Friends of mine were telling me about all the new construction, and all the new companies opening up offices there.  I have to give props to I Am Reality for the points he was trying to make months ago.  Maybe not his style, but definitely his message.  That's how you get so much niche development.  I think Hartsfield's plethora of direct and connecting flights has helped in this regard.  That and MARTA.

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Friends of mine were telling me about all the new construction, and all the new companies opening up offices there.  I have to give props to I Am Reality for the points he was trying to make months ago.  Maybe not his style, but definitely his message.  That's how you get so much niche development.  I think Hartsfield's plethora of direct and connecting flights has helped in this regard.  That and MARTA.

Atlanta is seeing all the development because it’s the economic capital of the south. While some good points have been made,  I’m still waiting for someone to explain how or why any of that development should come here instead. 

1 hour ago, leondecollao said:

Atlanta is seeing all the development because it’s the economic capital of the south. While some good points have been made,  I’m still waiting for someone to explain how or why any of that development should come here instead. 

Very true.   But it happens one company at a time.  State incentives...etc... you gotta give to get stuff.  Alabama did it with the auto plants while Tally slept. 

• Like 1

Sunshine, that was the original conceptual plan, and has since been significantly changed. Somebody made a google map with the current concept and phase 1 plan upthread. Here is the latest rendering I could find of what Phase I buildout will actually be. (note renderings for Prism and Additional Market Rate Apartments including the Mill Creek (Modera developer) have not been finalized. Also, Garage has been approved for Phase I and will be on the SW corner parcel (top left in the aerial photo above, not visible in this rendering but would be off to the SW parcel on the left). 

CV Phase1.jpg

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

Sunshine, that was the original conceptual plan, and has since been significantly changed. Somebody made a google map with the current concept and phase 1 plan upthread. Here is the latest rendering I could find of what Phase I buildout will actually be. (note renderings for Prism and Additional Market Rate Apartments including the Mill Creek (Modera developer) have not been finalized. Also, Garage has been approved for Phase I and will be on the SW corner parcel (top left in the aerial photo above, not visible in this rendering but would be off to the SW parcel on the left). 

CV Phase1.jpg

as always in Orlando, the actual finished product is nowhere near as nice or tall or dense as originally rendered. We should always expect to get half of what we see...

16 minutes ago, orlandouprise said:

as always in Orlando, the actual finished product is nowhere near as nice or tall or dense as originally rendered. We should always expect to get half of what we see...

I think it will be plenty dense. That rendering is missing quite a few things, not to mention things that will most certainly come. 

• Like 3