sunshine

Creative Village

Recommended Posts

All the new development in Midtown is very impressive, a big mix of apartment, office, hotel and healthcare.  I lived there during college and there were almost zero residential units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Friends of mine were telling me about all the new construction, and all the new companies opening up offices there.  I have to give props to I Am Reality for the points he was trying to make months ago.  Maybe not his style, but definitely his message.  That's how you get so much niche development.  I think Hartsfield's plethora of direct and connecting flights has helped in this regard.  That and MARTA.

Atlanta is seeing all the development because it’s the economic capital of the south. While some good points have been made,  I’m still waiting for someone to explain how or why any of that development should come here instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leondecollao said:

Atlanta is seeing all the development because it’s the economic capital of the south. While some good points have been made,  I’m still waiting for someone to explain how or why any of that development should come here instead. 

Very true.   But it happens one company at a time.  State incentives...etc... you gotta give to get stuff.  Alabama did it with the auto plants while Tally slept. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im still pissed every time I watch a movie and the final credits roll around and I see a big Georgia peach. Those films were supposed to me made here. Hollywood East NOT Pinewood!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunshine, that was the original conceptual plan, and has since been significantly changed. Somebody made a google map with the current concept and phase 1 plan upthread. Here is the latest rendering I could find of what Phase I buildout will actually be. (note renderings for Prism and Additional Market Rate Apartments including the Mill Creek (Modera developer) have not been finalized. Also, Garage has been approved for Phase I and will be on the SW corner parcel (top left in the aerial photo above, not visible in this rendering but would be off to the SW parcel on the left). 

CV Phase1.jpg

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

Sunshine, that was the original conceptual plan, and has since been significantly changed. Somebody made a google map with the current concept and phase 1 plan upthread. Here is the latest rendering I could find of what Phase I buildout will actually be. (note renderings for Prism and Additional Market Rate Apartments including the Mill Creek (Modera developer) have not been finalized. Also, Garage has been approved for Phase I and will be on the SW corner parcel (top left in the aerial photo above, not visible in this rendering but would be off to the SW parcel on the left). 

CV Phase1.jpg

as always in Orlando, the actual finished product is nowhere near as nice or tall or dense as originally rendered. We should always expect to get half of what we see...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, orlandouprise said:

as always in Orlando, the actual finished product is nowhere near as nice or tall or dense as originally rendered. We should always expect to get half of what we see...

I think it will be plenty dense. That rendering is missing quite a few things, not to mention things that will most certainly come. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the buildings shown just north of the student housing building are not representative of what is really going to end up there.

Blecch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is "Phase I" and there are significant additions for the next phase and final build-out that are not shown on the rendering. Buildings shown north of the Student Housing are not the latest renderings from the architect. Look upthread for the "Prism" rendering IAF posted upthread here: 

Of course that is still a conceptual rendering as well, and we may get a lesser version when it is actually constructed.

I quite like the Academic Commons building design and how it lines up to the central park area. It is a decent start to the project along with the student housing. Hopefully as the snowball gets going larger projects and more mixed use and corporate/design oriented buildings can happen. 

Edited by dcluley98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 12:38 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Anyone know what this is for creative village? image.png.767238d226a726b7a4ca5e75ff6ff468.png

So this is Prism?

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

This is "Phase I" and there are significant additions for the next phase and final build-out that are not shown on the rendering. Buildings shown north of the Student Housing are not the latest renderings from the architect. Look upthread for the "Prism" rendering IAF posted upthread here: 

Of course that is still a conceptual rendering as well, and we may get a lesser version when it is actually constructed.

I quite like the Academic Commons building design and how it lines up to the central park area. It is a decent start to the project along with the student housing. Hopefully as the snowball gets going larger projects and more mixed use and corporate/design oriented buildings can happen. 

Is that the rendering you were referring to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that is the most recent rendering for Prism from Baker Barrios. (obviously could change or get VE-d).  If you click on the little arrow in the top right of the linked comment I posted, it will take you right to the actual post in a new pop-up tab. 

Also, Alex is the one that made the interactive google map (which is awesome btw, hope we get some new project announcements for you to update it soon Alex). It can be found on the same page 29 of this thread a little further down linked in Alex's post. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking into account everything that's being built in Creative Village, what is/will be the tallest building in downtown west of I-4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Yes, that is the most recent rendering for Prism from Baker Barrios. (obviously could change or get VE-d).  If you click on the little arrow in the top right of the linked comment I posted, it will take you right to the actual post in a new pop-up tab. 

Also, Alex is the one that made the interactive google map (which is awesome btw, hope we get some new project announcements for you to update it soon Alex). It can be found on the same page 29 of this thread a little further down linked in Alex's post. 

Thanks! Map lives here. Like I said before, it's not perfect, but the shapes link to the renderings and articles with more information. (You might have to uncheck the transportation layer to hide the Lymmo route if you want to select the shapes inside it.)

Looking forward to adding new projects ;-)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, orange87 said:

Taking into account everything that's being built in Creative Village, what is/will be the tallest building in downtown west of I-4?

I think the building currently u/c at the UCF campus.  I do not think the Magic will ever get a hotel off the ground or the apartment tower they pseudo-proposed.  If they do, then the apartment tower they proposed (somewhere on these boards) should be the tallest west of I-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

The Citrus Tower. :silly:

Let's move it to Parramore - there hasn't been any citrus to look at since the freezes in the '80's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Let's move it to Parramore - there hasn't been any citrus to look at since the freezes in the '80's.

To be fair Claremont is pretty proud of the Citrus tower, but I know of a city that has a low budget clone of it (Lake Placid) that we could move over to Parramore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, codypet said:

To be fair Claremont is pretty proud of the Citrus tower, but I know of a city that has a low budget clone of it (Lake Placid) that we could move over to Parramore.

We could borrow the crawler from NASA...

396121main_sts1-lg.jpg

Run it right up Hwy 27 to I-4 eastbound.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.