Creative Village

sunshine

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

You can start a new thread if you'd like to.

I didn't know if I could. Prism and the other projects that come about will all be in the Creative Village neighborhood until a name change happens or doesn't happen, and maybe its just me but I like to follow projects individually so threads don't get clustered.

1 minute ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I didn't know if I could. Prism and the other projects that come about will all be in the Creative Village neighborhood until a name change happens or doesn't happen, and maybe its just me but I like to follow projects individually so threads don't get clustered.

Not a problem. It's quite usual to create threads for specific projects once they're real and underway. Go for it!

• Like 1

Updated renderings of Amelia Court at Creative Village from their website and architect website. They have listed about 9,770 SF of ground floor mixed-use office/creative space/retail for commercial lease on their website. https://ameliacourtcommercial.com/

Amelia Court 1.jpg

Amelia Court 2.jpg

Amelia Court 3.jpg

I just created a new thread for this to go along with the other Student Housing and Prism threads that IAFB created earlier. This is under construction according to WPGC construction website. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

Does anyone know the timing of when the public green will be built? Would be nice to see that coincide with the opening of campus. At very least, give those lots with weeds a much needed mow!

This is the area of 'least' clarity I have How does the greenspace work for a project like this especially built in phases.
We need plazas, parks, and greenery and I hope they deliver dring/throughout phase 1.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:34 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

There are no threads for the UCF educational buildings so I'll post these here since this it's for the overall creative Village.

IMG_20180906_122133.jpg

It looks like this is pretty much as tall as its going to get with the exception of the "bridge" section. UCF is used to building lots of smaller buildings on their main campus, for a number of reasons (funding, rate of growth of student population and programming), but I wonder what the 10/20/50-year plan looks like for Downtown... are they reserving one of the plots for something taller for future capacity? Will the campus max out in size and stop growing once its built out? Will they continue to look at multi-use structures like Union West to add incremental academic/admin space?

SchenkelShultz_UCFDowntown_01.thumb.jpg.287844b3453fb71b50830ba766fecced.jpg section. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, smileguy said:

It looks like this is pretty much as tall as its going to get with the exception of the "bridge" section. UCF is used to building lots of smaller buildings on their main campus, for a number of reasons (funding, rate of growth of student population and programming), but I wonder what the 10/20/50-year plan looks like for Downtown... are they reserving one of the plots for something taller for future capacity? Will the campus max out in size and stop growing once its built out? Will they continue to look at multi-use structures like Union West to add incremental academic/admin space?

SchenkelShultz_UCFDowntown_01.thumb.jpg.287844b3453fb71b50830ba766fecced.jpg section. 

I've been thinking about this and it will be interesting to see how much further west into Callahan they can go as pressure builds to expand. Land over there is relatively inexpensive so it's going to be a tug-of-war between UCF/development interests and those attempting to preserve the neighborhood. This is likely to be an issue for the next mayor (not that Buddy's going anywhere anytime soon.)

6 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Its the 'ONLY' thing that makes the building. Otherwise the building itself is boring, lifeless, and uncreative as possible. Looks Like the Main Library(Which I like that building in it's location)

It reminds me of the federal courthouse - its almost like the designers were going for something that seemed like it could have been around for a while (the E and W buildings) and adding what could look like a later addition with the bridge. I am not mad at it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smileguy said:

It reminds me of the federal courthouse - its almost like the designers were going for something that seemed like it could have been around for a while (the E and W buildings) and adding what could look like a later addition with the bridge. I am not mad at it.

Fair point. But Why not be 'Creative' in the Creative Village?

• Like 2

I don't think it is bad looking. I agree that it looks as though the architects took inspiration from the Orlando Public Library, the Federal Courthouse, and the OC Courthouse. It seems as though the designer was trying to make an amalgamation of traditional "insitutional" style architecture combined with more modern curtainwall glass features. The vertical oriented windows and slab like structure of the pedestal buildings on each end are designed to look like established old institutional structure that has been there a while, supporting the "bridge" which is the new modern portion, rising higher than the rest, and under which the public and students can gather and looking out upon what will be the central park greenspace plaza. I rather like the design for what it is. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

UCF has never really been known for memorable architecture. It's functional enough, but compared to Florida Poly, Rollins or ERAU, it just sort of exists.

Man, that Fla Poly building is just stunning, and ERAU seems to be pushing the envelope as well.  UF has trad brick enclaves, which I believe Fla needs more of.

But UCF, now, is going to have these locational structures which will add greatly to it's portfolio; maybe not the most daring designs, but, innovative based on locale.  As a Gator, I am impressed...

• Like 1

Here's something picked up from the UCF Facilities Planning website for the project -- is this the old SAK space? I wonder what they've got planned!
http://downtown.fs.ucf.edu/projects

Centroplex II Liner Building Remodel and Renovation

• Architect: TBD
  • Construction Manager: TBD
  • Project Cost: TBD
  • Anticipated Completion: Fall 2019

8 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Man, that Fla Poly building is just stunning, and ERAU seems to be pushing the envelope as well.  UF has trad brick enclaves, which I believe Fla needs more of.

But UCF, now, is going to have these locational structures which will add greatly to it's portfolio; maybe not the most daring designs, but, innovative based on locale.  As a Gator, I am impressed...

Polk just might be the most misunderstood county in Florida. 

Olmstead, Wright, Calatrava did not show up there by chance.

• Like 2