Creative Village

sunshine

What all was in the phase 1 for UCF? I recall a parking deck - was there housing? Seems like it wouldn't be necessary for UCF to build those things themselves downtown? Have a shared use garage and let the private sector handle housing...the rates they get for rent at UCF aren't less than downtown rates

You get the government you deserve.  Florida is plagued with the political consequences of the Republican Party's Southern strategy in the 1970's and the 1980's. Democrats have yet to fashion a appropriate response at the state level.  It's why, in a county with a solid Democratic majority in the electoral rolls, along with being a reliable region for Democrats at the national level, a Republican can be re-elected mayor with no opposition, working with a commission including only 1 Democrat commissioner.  Think about it: the best the Democrats could do in the last governor's election was...Charlie Crist?  

Edited by jliv
  • Like 1

the best the Democrats could do in the last governor's election was...Charlie Crist?  

If you throw the politics of the matter out the window, have you ever seen a better candidate for the governor of Florida?  This is the SUNSHINE STATE!  This man looks the part more than any human I've seen.  Tan skin, white linen suits, slick hair, sunglasses, he has it all.

If the US ever truly wanted a figurehead governor system based purely on stereotypes, he's the only man you want in charge of Florida!  Much like Arnold in California who, politics aside again, says California like no other.  Maybe Wisconsin needs a super kind, plump mom with an apron and big hair?  Massachusetts could have some surly captain of a fishing vessel?

It could be very entertaining if you think about it.

Edited by HankStrong
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Plans for new school, Boys and Girls Club near Creative Village approved

In an Oct. 20 meeting, the board approved the development of nearly 13 acres. Here's what it includes:

• A 27,700-square-foot pre-kindergarten building
  • A 115,500-square-foot K-8 classroom building
  • An 87,000-square-foot parking garage
  • A nearly 15,000-square-foot library and media building
  • An 18,800-square-foot gymnasium
  • A 27,000-square-foot cafeteria
  • A 23,300-square-foot Boys and Girls Club

This new Orange County Public Schools development will accommodate more than 1,200 students, according to documents.

http://goo.gl/s2qAsd

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated timeline:

March 16 Design

March 17 Construction

May 18 Opening with 7500 students (twice the size of Stetson)

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2015/11/ucf-reveals-detailed-timeline-of-downtown-campus.html?ana=twt

LYMMO Lime partially opens in January by the way

So they are straightening out Livingston, abandoning the current road? And looks like they aren't connecting Terry, at least for motor vehicles, except interesting place for a parking garage if they don't. 

Right now in the sand pit that was the arena, they are working on the Livingston re-route and a N-S that looks like it is meant to be Terry, However the Livingston straightening ends at the old Orange Lot entrance just before the old armory, which looks like will stick around. Though an out building will have to go eventually if they want to connect the Livingstons at Paramore. The "Terry?" segment ends at the Livingston re-route to the south and Amelia to the North. It's only a block long. I guess just long enough for getting Lynx Lime running. Dedicated bus lane you think? Isn't there some sort of percentage of dedicated travel lanes mandated by some source of funding?

And the whatever type of school/day care along the tracks in portables will need to find a new home it seems.

Edited by Boomer136
paragraph long run on sentence/typo

Yes, Livingston is being re-aligned to meet up with the other portion of Livingston. Part of the recreation complex will have to come down if they want to connect it back to Livingston at Parramore. I also believe they're going to be straightening out Amelia as well. They're not technically abandoning the part of Livingston that curves south and joins with Bentley. From some of the Creative Village plan renderings and plans I've seen, it's destined to be torn up and redone as a pedestrian plaza bordered by the current UCF building and possibly 2-3 new buildings to complete the downtown campus.

It seems to me that the logical solution would be to link the current Terry ending at Robinson to the new one through the empty lots immediately west and southwest of the current UCF building. Measuring the distance on google earth between the fenced portions of the smaller southwest lot - it's about 95 feet - more than enough room to extend Terry through. The new portion of Terry ending at Amelia could be extended further north to Concord and follow along the western portion Lake Dot Circle.

What could then happen is re-aligning the northern portion of Lake Dot Circle where it meets Colonial to join with Edgewater. But this would involve at least partial demolition of the Howard Vernon. It would be interesting to see how this would play out in the future. Terry can then replace Parramore as the main NS route throughout the area as Parramore is being split due to the new soccer stadium.

Yes, Livingston is being re-aligned to meet up with the other portion of Livingston. Part of the recreation complex will have to come down if they want to connect it back to Livingston at Parramore. I also believe they're going to be straightening out Amelia as well. They're not technically abandoning the part of Livingston that curves south and joins with Bentley. From some of the Creative Village plan renderings and plans I've seen, it's destined to be torn up and redone as a pedestrian plaza bordered by the current UCF building and possibly 2-3 new buildings to complete the downtown campus.

It seems to me that the logical solution would be to link the current Terry ending at Robinson to the new one through the empty lots immediately west and southwest of the current UCF building. Measuring the distance on google earth between the fenced portions of the smaller southwest lot - it's about 95 feet - more than enough room to extend Terry through. The new portion of Terry ending at Amelia could be extended further north to Concord and follow along the western portion Lake Dot Circle.

What could then happen is re-aligning the northern portion of Lake Dot Circle where it meets Colonial to join with Edgewater. But this would involve at least partial demolition of the Howard Vernon. It would be interesting to see how this would play out in the future. Terry can then replace Parramore as the main NS route throughout the area as Parramore is being split due to the new soccer stadium.

are you allowed to share the renderings?

Sure, but all I have is what you can easily google. I'm not involved in these projects or anything.

creative5.thumb.jpg.b06d9f2d44068b600cd0

A_UPSTUDIO_FENNESSY2_SP13.thumb.jpg.a590

I go to school in the UCF Emerging Media building and from what I can see is in the parking lot they've been digging a trench and laying out pipes and infrastructure in a trajectory that matches Livingston before the bend, as well as feeling the vibrations from inside the building. Also by driving along Parramore Ave surveying and construction crews have been active there are construction flags and paint markings along Parramore where it meets Livingston and Amelia. Not to mention all the construction cones along Amelia that seem indicative of something going on. At first I thought it could be a building of some sort but it's becoming obvious that they are building a road here. The Terry alignment is speculation but it seems like an logical solution to me.

• 1 month later...