Creative Village

sunshine

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 8:41 PM, Jernigan said:

In think what will be more of an impact is how close the highway will be to buildings.   Right now you only really experience that on the ramp around OUC.   What's lost in relative height will be gained back and then some.

Not only that, but I think that the visual perspective in this case, works counterintuitively to the way some might assume.

Rather than making the towers appear taller the lower the vantage point is, it actually makes them appear shorter because with other buildings in between obstructing the view, you see less of them. At least from a distance anyway.

Conversely, the higher up your vantage point is, the more of the  tower you can see and thus, the taller it makes them appear. 

On 12/6/2017 at 3:08 PM, spenser1058 said:

The actual Davis Armory is scheduled to be saved (no, given Buddy's past record, I'm not holding my breath, either, but the Armory does have landmark status.) It's outbuildings and other facilities that are scheduled to be demolished.

Drove by today and it looks like they already tore down the outbuildings.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Trying to look this up, I believe it is for the Ustler Student Housing project, and I found a couple of more angles of the rendering that I don't know if they have been seen here yet. The first one has, but for the back sides I don't recall if we posted these. Looks like a really cool outdoor cafe mezzanine level above the shared academic/retail space and below the housing space.  

CVO_Student-Housing-Renderings_Page_1.jpg

CVO_Student-Housing-Renderings_Page_3.jpg

CVO_Student-Housing-Renderings_Page_4.jpg

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

That housing is going to have classrooms in it too? Or just big study areas?

The bottom section, which can be seen in the rendering, is classrooms for Valencia College.  It includes a teaching kitchen with windows visible from the sidewalk I believe.  Also, notice the Valencia College sign on the bottom floor at the corner.

Edited by WAJAS98