Creative Village

sunshine

It's actually a circular rotunda atrium with a skylight and multiple fins extending outward from the radius. The corner elements are actually quite distinct. The rest looks pretty "meh" but I would like to see a three-dimensional rendering before I pass final judgment. It looks better than 420, Crescent Central, Camden NQ, etc, if you ask me. 

• Like 2

I guess I'm alone when I say I like it because it fits. It's basic. But basic on the outside doesn't matter as much for who will be in it. Hoping this helps set off more development. They will/should fill up and that is the key. The taller things get in creative village, more aesthetics will/should be taken into consideration but this is fine to kick things off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I guess I'm alone when I say I like it because it fits. It's basic. But basic on the outside doesn't matter as much for who will be in it. Hoping this helps set off more development. They will/should fill up and that is the key. The taller things get in creative village, more aesthetics will/should be taken into consideration but this is fine to kick things off.

This x 1000. Any livable city needs a good amount of basic urban infill projects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alex said:

This x 1000. Any livable city needs a good amount of basic urban infill projects.

I agree with that too. Not every building can or even should be some award winning design. Every city has it's share of bland, run-of-the-mill architecture as well as lower height, stubby high-rises. 

The only problem I have about this one is where it's going. This whole Creative Village concept seems to call out for something a little more ambitious than garden variety mid-rise infill. 

I guess I should just be glad it isn't more of that Mediterranean/Mission Revival style, white/tan stucco with clay tile roofline junk. 

39 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I remember posting in this thread, almost exactly one year ago, about Arrow Sky Media going into CV...

Never heard anymore about it, though.

Fun fact of the day.....in a minute.

Arrow Sky has already moved here. Their Twitter account identifies the HQ as being in Orlando. They have an office in the Metrowest area for now.

A rep for the company said in an article that the company hopes to double in size in a few years & to hire alot if UCF grads.

Their Twitter account shows the company is already heavily involved in the Orlando community.

I called their office several times to ask about their CV plans. I kept getting dumped into voice mail.

Finally....that Fun Fact of the Day.

Arrow Sky's animated show Planet Blue will feature a special guest voice-over on Monday....Mayor Dyer.

For real.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Per GS - 

Mill Creek chosen to purchase 1.7 acre parcel to develop a 250-300 unit Modera tower (market rate) with ground floor commercial.

Goal is to close on sale this year and break ground mid-2019.

TWO Modera's? I'll take it. They seem to be popping up everywhere. I know of a few that just opened up in Miami.