Creative Village

sunshine

17 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I'm seeing the new satellite view on my Android tablet.

yep.  On my Note 5, I see: 

Volcano Bay

Sapphire Falls

the apt bldg at Millennia u/c- except that the portion fronting Millennia isn't up yet.

the new Lexus dealership off Major Blvd

Aventura Tower u/c- not topped off yet.

the Creative Village grounds with the residence tower base u/c.

the base of Starflyer already in

that office bldg u/c off of Vineland near Millennia

the Marriott dual Brand at Millennia

Both Lime & Orange garages completed and the 3rd garage u/c at Diz Springs

Coronado Tower u/c

Carribean Beach tower u/c

JW sitework

OIA Intermodal completed

Hollywood garage topped off  

It looks like it's 1-2 months old.  Starflyer's progress is a key reference point.

24 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

yep.  On my Note 5, I see: 

Volcano Bay

Sapphire Falls

the apt bldg at Millennia u/c- except that the portion fronting Millennia isn't up yet.

the new Lexus dealership off Major Blvd

Aventura Tower u/c- not topped off yet.

the Creative Village grounds with the residence tower base u/c.

the base of Starflyer already in

that office bldg u/c off of Vineland near Millennia

the Marriott dual Brand at Millennia

Both Lime & Orange garages completed and the 3rd garage u/c at Diz Springs

Coronado Tower u/c

Carribean Beach tower u/c

JW sitework

OIA Intermodal completed

Hollywood garage topped off  

It looks like it's 1-2 months old.  Starflyer's progress is a key reference point.

Are you able to see the new map in 3D view or only 2D view?

So, I did a drive by at CV.  That other apartment building- at Amelia, you can see the uprights coming out of the ground for their first level.  Also, for the Commons Building, there is first floor construction  visible at it's western edge.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, DreS0803 said:

"The 15-story, student-housing project being created by Creative Village developer Craig Ustler has been named UnionWest at Creative Village."

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/05/08/heres-the-latest-on-the-105m-creative-village.html

It looks like there are renderings behind the paywall?

I dunno. Creative Village doesn't sound all that horrible to me.

Maybe a bit pretentious sounding at first, but I imagine we'll get used to it in time.

I suppose that once it's all built out, fully operational and us locals are going there too, for whatever our reasons, it will, along with the CV moniker, begin to develop a kind of cozy familiarity. 

Let's just hope that whatever it ends up being lives up to the name. 

• Like 1

Given that the area at one time or another was referred to as the fairgrounds, Sunshine Park, Exposition Park and Centroplex, the fact that none of them ever stuck suggests a meaningless, sterile moniker like Creative Village isn't likely to be permanent, either.

My suspicion is it will likely just be UCF Downtown by default, but that's just a guess.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Given that the area at one time or another was referred to as the fairgrounds, Sunshine Park, Exposition Park and Centroplex, the fact that none of them ever stuck suggests a meaningless, sterile moniker like Creative Village isn't likely to be permanent, either.

My suspicion is it will likely just be UCF Downtown by default, but that's just a guess.

That or UCF Village.  I personally like Paramore Village

Have to turn it around somehow.  You can't just change the name and expect people to go "Oh yea its a different area".  I know apartment complexes do it all the time.  I see you Knights Krossing/Pegasus Landing/Knights Circle.  Or cars the Ford Taurus/Ford 500.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Have to turn it around somehow.  You can't just change the name and expect people to go "Oh yea its a different area".  I know apartment complexes do it all the time.  I see you Knights Krossing/Pegasus Landing/Knights Circle.  Or cars the Ford Taurus/Ford 500.

I think it's a psychological thing. People make associations in spite of what they know to be true.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I think it's a psychological thing. People make associations in spite of what they know to be true.

Same could be said for Hell's Kitchen - look at it now. 

I would argue that the perception of Parramore has already shifted in the minds of some people.  Going back less than a decade, a lot of residents wouldn't walk down Church Street let along cross over I-4.  It is now a regular occurrence that there is major pedestrian activity during soccer matches and events at Camping World stadium.  Stonewall has also brought in a pretty loyal following in a short time.  Btw, I noticed on that recent rendering of the 2-story proposal that there is a "Mary's Daquiri Bar".  Does anyone know if this is an extension of Hamburger Mary's? 

• Like 2