Creative Village

sunshine

3 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

I don't think it is bad for that area at all. CV is basically a huge master-planned chunk of vacant land parceled out. The design fits well with the master plan and meeting the demand of the new campus. It will run along the west side of the Central Park plaza and begin to create a sense of place within the negative space greenfield, as two sides will then be enclosed with a streetwall running down the entire west side.  This aligns with their overall plan, and combined with Mill Creek building on the other side will begin to create a real "sense of place" for the campus, framing the green area with the courtyard of the academic commons looking North to Lake Dot. 

Would you rather have a 20-30 story building with a bunch of vacant lots around it, or an actual college campus environment? 

Agreed. That kind of height is not really necessary for that particular location or even on that side of I-4.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:38 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Anyone know what this is for creative village? image.png.767238d226a726b7a4ca5e75ff6ff468.png

So this...

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

it is not even 20 stories  :tw_bawling:

950x534

How do a 14 stories building with 10 stories garage has 409 apartments?

...is this...  Prism

• Like 1

I like it.  While it is short, the first developments were always going to be shorter than the final ones.  Once the remaining parcels are built out, a few tall structures will be built.  I just hope they turn that Bob Carr parking lot into a park, like on the plans, before the school opens.  

1 minute ago, DreS0803 said:

Does that also confirm that Amelia isn’t going to be straightened out

That's an interesting point.  The city has built the intersection for the straightened Amelia already, so why does this building hug that road?  Should someone email the city about this? It might be a slip up.

12 minutes ago, WAJAS98 said:
25 minutes ago, gibby said:

I think it looks great, except for the curvy road nonsense.

I kind of like the curved road, but the city needs to make a decision on it or else there will be confusion in the future.

I like it too. Don't understand the h8'n on the curve.

savethecurve.jpg&key=0bf88c1aa018df063dd

9 hours ago, leondecollao said:

Building up is a lot more expensive and land is still plentiful, especially at Creative Village.  It wouldn’t make any sense. 

I know it's more expensive. You can say it doesn't make sense to build more 'tightt'  But things like Lymmo and light rail nd all of that won't work when you don't have as many people as possible in an area. They have an entire opportunity to make it more Urban and they're still building detached garaves. If you don't see 5he problem in that then creative village is a waste of opportunity to be creative.

Crescent central is a good example of something that should've been taller with more units right next to a transit center. Yet it's a squabbled building that still dedicated to the car. Yet the city cries about trying 5o be transit oriented?

Please. 

I'm over the 'Fill all spaces first crap' of an argument.

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

Anybody know if this can be seen yet (or better yet have pics) of this coming Westbound (aha, ha, hem) South into town in I-4? 

I'm not sure that would be a very interesting perspective but I know heading north (East) it looks really cool peeking over the smaller buildings.

also anywhere to the immediate west of the Amway Center looking North it looks great to see that he can go over as well and with prism right next to it it will do some wonders

I love you IAFB, But that's a bad comparison. Crescent Central is crap. definitely. 

The area isn't the same, the height isn't the same, the impact isn't the same. The construction isn't the same. Literally, nothing is the same with that comparison. CCS was oversold and poorly woodstick built crap next to the largest and most expensive transit station in Orlando and the freaking courthouse. That is the definition of a bad project and bad use of land. 

Prism would be a 14 story housing for a master-planned university and arts district on acres of land vacated by demolition in a historically "blighted" area west of I-4 that could catalyze the whole thing and bring great real change.  

CSS was a travesty, Prism is an opportunity. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

I love you IAFB, But that's a bad comparison. Crescent Central is crap. definitely. 

The area isn't the same, the height isn't the same, the impact isn't the same. The construction isn't the same. Literally, nothing is the same with that comparison. CCS was oversold and poorly woodstick built crap next to the largest and most expensive transit station in Orlando and the freaking courthouse. That is the definition of a bad project and bad use of land. 

Prism would be a 14 story housing for a master-planned university and arts district on acres of land vacated by demolition in a historically "blighted" area west of I-4 that could catalyze the whole thing and bring great real change.  

CSS was a travesty, Prism is an opportunity. 

Let me be more clear. I have absolutely no problem with Prism. I think it's a great project. I'm all for ANY development in an area that could still be an arena. My issue is with stand alone things like gargaes or projects like crescent who dont use the land correctly. IMO. And this is just my opinion.  Prism isn't utilizing the land like their neighbor next door and I feel that hurts opportunity to expand with a park for the community, or more build in the long run. And to say it's okay  because "it doesn't make any sense " to be forward thinking is a travesty. All because a developer wants to save a buck and the city's way of thinking will continue to be small minded. To me that's not okay but it is what it is.

You are very correct in a theoretical sense. But may be not correct in a financial sense. 

I wish money was no option and we could immediately build a beautiful campus and art museum and housing and 7-star hotel complex simultaneously in that area, and connect it to the SunRail station that also connects to the airport and the high-speed BrightLine that goes to Miami Beach and Tampa and Atlanta and everywhere else immediately. 

This is not the way the construction industry works, unfortunately.

I appreciate your vision, and mostly reflect the same, however, I am jaded by reality from experience of how this works and appreciate good developers who understand the construct. 

I don't even know if that comes across as credible to those who are not experienced in this industry or if I just sound like an Ass-hole, so I apologize if I sound like an Ass-hole (probly am, but realize it and try not to be so much). 

Thanks! (and I apologize for being an Ass-hole) 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

You are very correct in a theoretical sense. But may be not correct in a financial sense. 

I wish money was no option and we could immediately build a beautiful campus and art museum and housing and 7-star hotel complex immediately in that area, and connect it to the SunRail station that also connects to the airport and the high-speed BrightLine that goes to Miami Beach and Tampa and Atlanta and everywhere else immediately. 

This is not the way the construction industry works, unfortunately.

I appreciate your vision, and mostly reflect the same, however, I am jaded by reality from experience of how this works and appreciate good developers who understand the construct. 

I don't even know if that comes across as credible to those who are not experienced in this industry or if I just sound like an Ass-hole, so I apologize if I sound like an Ass-hole (probly  am, but realize it and try not to be so much). 

Thanks! (and I apologize for being an Ass-hole) 

No Ass-hole at all. I love reflective debates where I can learn and share and vice versa. this is why i visit this place everyday! I love to learn . I love perspective.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Anybody know if this can be seen yet (or better yet have pics) of this coming Westbound (aha, ha, hem) South into town in I-4? 

Heading eastbound, you can see the large building in CV way towards the west at least 4 stories taller than the tree line, from I-4 near Kaley exit.  I couldn't snap the photo b/c traffic was moving fast (imagine that).  When it tops off, you won't be able to miss it.  It is waaay west, btw.

14 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Let me be more clear. I have absolutely no problem with Prism. I think it's a great project. I'm all for ANY development in an area that could still be an arena. My issue is with stand alone things like gargaes or projects like crescent who dont use the land correctly. IMO. And this is just my opinion.  Prism isn't utilizing the land like their neighbor next door and I feel that hurts opportunity to expand with a park for the community, or more build in the long run. And to say it's okay  because "it doesn't make any sense " to be forward thinking is a travesty. All because a developer wants to save a buck and the city's way of thinking will continue to be small minded. To me that's not okay but it is what it is.

value engineering, right?  I make the same argument when they chop down large oaks instead of planning out the order of the construction on a large site...

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 10:41 AM, sunshine said:

it is not even 20 stories  :tw_bawling:

950x534

How do a 14 stories building with 10 stories garage has 409 apartments?

This seems to match the color rendering of the original proposal, not with added units.  Where did this come from, and what is the date on it?

30 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

I think it's perfectly fine for that location.  I think having a dense mid-rise section in CV is good.  It differentiates it from the CBD proper.

I agree, though it wouldn't hurt to have one 20 story building in there somewhere.

Something much taller than it is wide. 

• Like 2