sunshine

Creative Village

1 minute ago, FLClarkKent said:

Does anyone know how many students are expected to attend the downtown UCF and Valencia schools? Also, do we know how many staff and faculty will be supporting the schools? Curious as to just how many people this will add into the mix downtown. Seems it would be a substantial shot in the arm for many businesses.

JRS, help me out here. I seem to recall Buddy mentioning 8000 students at State of the City. Not sure about staff/admin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

JRS, help me out here. I seem to recall Buddy mentioning 8000 students at State of the City. Not sure about staff/admin.

yeah, that sounds about right.  it will be substantial.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just finished watching a segment on WFTV Eye-missed-it News with new UCF Prez Whittaker. He said 7,500 to 8,000.

By this time next year, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

Just finished watching a segment on WFTV Eye-missed-it News with new UCF Prez Whittaker. He said 7,500 to 8,000.

By this time next year, too.

And that is just the beginning. Will be more over the years as they build it out, and not just students. CV is supposed to be more "young professionals," tech, and design-oriented actual businesses and workers there in the long run.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bigger than Stetson and Rollins combined on day one.   Game changer, indeed.

They won’t all be living downtown so worst case scenario - new retail and services open during the day and only a few new things in evening.   But the residual effects will be massive.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cwetteland said:

Late last week OBJ were showing new renderings of Prism ... behind their paywall.  Did anyone get a look and is it different than what's already been posted on here?

look on the prior page of this thread (p. 37)

• Thanks 1

Construction should start on Prism in October. Union West should be done by March/April.

I Dont like that these projects dont have their own thread as Creative Village is a REAL thing now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Construction should start on Prism in October. Union West should be done by March/April.

I Dont like that these projects dont have their own thread as Creative Village is a REAL thing now.

You can start a new thread if you'd like to.

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

You can start a new thread if you'd like to.

I didn't know if I could. Prism and the other projects that come about will all be in the Creative Village neighborhood until a name change happens or doesn't happen, and maybe its just me but I like to follow projects individually so threads don't get clustered.

1 minute ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I didn't know if I could. Prism and the other projects that come about will all be in the Creative Village neighborhood until a name change happens or doesn't happen, and maybe its just me but I like to follow projects individually so threads don't get clustered.

Not a problem. It's quite usual to create threads for specific projects once they're real and underway. Go for it!

• Like 1

Updated renderings of Amelia Court at Creative Village from their website and architect website. They have listed about 9,770 SF of ground floor mixed-use office/creative space/retail for commercial lease on their website. https://ameliacourtcommercial.com/

Amelia Court 1.jpg

Amelia Court 2.jpg

Amelia Court 3.jpg

I just created a new thread for this to go along with the other Student Housing and Prism threads that IAFB created earlier. This is under construction according to WPGC construction website. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 4

Does anyone know the timing of when the public green will be built? Would be nice to see that coincide with the opening of campus. At very least, give those lots with weeds a much needed mow!

34 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

Does anyone know the timing of when the public green will be built? Would be nice to see that coincide with the opening of campus. At very least, give those lots with weeds a much needed mow!

This is the area of 'least' clarity I have How does the greenspace work for a project like this especially built in phases.
We need plazas, parks, and greenery and I hope they deliver dring/throughout phase 1.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:34 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

There are no threads for the UCF educational buildings so I'll post these here since this it's for the overall creative Village.

IMG_20180906_122133.jpg

It looks like this is pretty much as tall as its going to get with the exception of the "bridge" section. UCF is used to building lots of smaller buildings on their main campus, for a number of reasons (funding, rate of growth of student population and programming), but I wonder what the 10/20/50-year plan looks like for Downtown... are they reserving one of the plots for something taller for future capacity? Will the campus max out in size and stop growing once its built out? Will they continue to look at multi-use structures like Union West to add incremental academic/admin space?

SchenkelShultz_UCFDowntown_01.thumb.jpg.287844b3453fb71b50830ba766fecced.jpg section. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, smileguy said:

It looks like this is pretty much as tall as its going to get with the exception of the "bridge" section. UCF is used to building lots of smaller buildings on their main campus, for a number of reasons (funding, rate of growth of student population and programming), but I wonder what the 10/20/50-year plan looks like for Downtown... are they reserving one of the plots for something taller for future capacity? Will the campus max out in size and stop growing once its built out? Will they continue to look at multi-use structures like Union West to add incremental academic/admin space?

SchenkelShultz_UCFDowntown_01.thumb.jpg.287844b3453fb71b50830ba766fecced.jpg section. 

I've been thinking about this and it will be interesting to see how much further west into Callahan they can go as pressure builds to expand. Land over there is relatively inexpensive so it's going to be a tug-of-war between UCF/development interests and those attempting to preserve the neighborhood. This is likely to be an issue for the next mayor (not that Buddy's going anywhere anytime soon.)