Creative Village

sunshine

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

So, does anyone know if the pic below partially represents what the park will look like?

SchenkelShultz_UCFDowntown_01.thumb.jpg.

Doesn't look bad, from what can be seen.

Looks like a lot of decent trees.

That is just a rendering from when the Academic Commons was announced. It doesn’t represent what the park will actually look like. Also, that part of it won’t be as built up because the end goal is for the portion right up on Livingston and across from Union West to be another building.

Yeah, the trees and sidewalk/plaza in the foreground is on the wrong parcel. That is slated to eventually be another building, although in the first phase it will likely be a surface lot.  See the other rendering from the same conceptual set below that shows the central park as basically just a blank field. They had not come up with the site design yet when these renderings were created: 526072209_CVPhase1.jpg.c34b9ec28aff1c60e4a4ad5adadf4893.jpg.26ad15a3c42e77c74c6cd9cfcf55f7c9.jpg

I mean, it looks like a quad and follows the same aesthetic as the Memory mall at UCF. Memory mall has turned out to be a great meeting place for events, tailgating etc.  I would suspect UCF and Valencia played an important part in the design process. 

I am pleased that at least the CV version of a quad seems to have a little more shade than the main campus version. 

Edited by leondecollao

10 hours ago, leondecollao said:

I mean, it looks like a quad and follows the same aesthetic as the Memory mall at UCF. Memory mall has turned out to be a great meeting place for events, tailgating etc.  I would suspect UCF and Valencia played an important part in the design process. 

I am pleased that at least the CV version of a quad seems to have a little more shade than the main campus version. 

Those trees they planted on memory mall will eventually be much bigger and provide nice shade. We’ve got a ways to go for that though. 

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Amelia Court. 

12 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

What's that wood crap going up just to the right of the student housing?

Fortunately, it should be obstructed from view (this angle and Central Park) once the Parcel M  development rises.

Edited by prahaboheme
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope some of the other buildings to be developed around the central park add in some elements of the institutional skinny vertical window motif found on the lower floors of these two buildings. It would build some cohesion and make it feel pulled together as a campus designed to be a cohesive center of the Creative Village that is meant to be the foundation of the area for years. It could really influence the rest around it.  

• Like 1