Creative Village

sunshine

3 hours ago, bqknight said:

I know some probably won't like this - but I'm okay with it. It works with the other buildings being built in the area. Hope there is some retail on the ground floor though. 

AKZBL5ZYH5C4HDQRCMMBRATCCM.jpg.7a8d7e1e18166bde7ef4cfd61417987d.jpg

They may be moving downtown but they’ll still feel at home - it’s a very Maitland looking building...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, uncreativeusername said:

Interesting reveal on the location:

"The agreement also calls for a 625-space parking garage and an outdoor plaza on the property, bordered by Amelia and Concord streets and Ronald Blocker Avenue downtown."

Am I interpreting this correctly?  

In addition to the Centroplex Garage or is the Centroplex Garage the parking garage they're talking about?

3 minutes ago, codypet said:

In addition to the Centroplex Garage or is the Centroplex Garage the parking garage they're talking about?

I assume in addition. It looks like Centroplex, which is now being referred to as the Amelia Garage, is being used by UCF’s students and employees.

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

They may be moving downtown but they’ll still feel at home - it’s a very Maitland looking building...

6 hours ago, bqknight said:

I know some probably won't like this - but I'm okay with it. It works with the other buildings being built in the area. Hope there is some retail on the ground floor though. 

what lot is this going on?

the HostDime Data building would have looked nice as an EA building in the CV, imo...

• Like 2

From the looks in early renderings, the EA mock-up matches almost exactly the ideas set forth in the sales pitch.... was talking with an architect friend who is moving to a larger city where he feels architects are more appreciated. I argued that Orlando needs good architecture and thus architects. This building and much of the cities approvals prove that we need more innovative design.  The design could go for more than “not terrible”.  

E83B05AF-27C3-4F59-8CEC-141A07AE57CA.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

It is dubbed the "Concord Lot" on the CV map on page 53 of this post.

1 hour ago, smileguy said:

So it sounds like the building will be built and owned by Ustler. I wonder if EA wants exclusivity, or if they could make it bigger and take on other tenants. What about future growth of EA?

I think CV will own the land and lease it to EA (initial 15 year term). EA will build using Ustler to design and build. That will allow EA to recapture the CRA tax money and CV (Ustler) still makes their money. As far as growth they say they have taken into account a staff of over 1000.

20 hours ago, bqknight said:

scale resembles the MEC office component.  a little annoying to say the least.  BUT, that being said, what's more important here is that this is a big cog in this wheel.  Yeah, if EA wants to be the only tenant in the building then I get it.  The silvery-grey façade looks nice.  

I wonder if Full Sail will try to come in here and lease some space.  Also, being that UF went to Lake Nona's Medical City, I also wonder if they'll show interest to come into CV as well with something.

Overall, this is great that EA Tiburon is coming downtown.  Kinda makes the Under-I related talk and design work that much more important now, because it's not just UCF students that would be crossing over to Orange; it's EA employees too.  That's pretty awesome

If I had any juice with UF, I would push for them to open up shop at CV with something.

8 hours ago, smonteserin said:

From the looks in early renderings, the EA mock-up matches almost exactly the ideas set forth in the sales pitch.... was talking with an architect friend who is moving to a larger city where he feels architects are more appreciated. I argued that Orlando needs good architecture and thus architects. This building and much of the cities approvals prove that we need more innovative design.  The design could go for more than “not terrible”.  

E83B05AF-27C3-4F59-8CEC-141A07AE57CA.jpeg

i may be looking at the wrong building but it looks a LOT shorter than the early rendering on this drawing.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:56 PM, bqknight said:

I don't dislike it, I'm just underwhelmed by it.

But I've grown used to that feeling.

Having lived in Orlando for so long.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

I don't dislike it, I'm just underwhelmed by it.

But I've grown used to that feeling.

Having lived in Orlando for so long.

Agreed, it’s nothing special, but I think the larger focus is that downtown Orlando lured a pretty significant tech company. This is a major get for the city of Orlando, downtown, and whatever they’re going to eventually call the terribly-named Creative Village.

• Like 4

On 10/2/2019 at 9:47 PM, orlandouprise said:

the HostDime Data building would have looked nice as an EA building in the CV, imo...

Did HostDime ever build there building? All I've heard about it is it moving locations a bunch of times. Just like the company did, I believe HostDime was at one point located downtown, UCF area, among others. They seem to jump all over the place and be afraid to commit to a location. Disappointing they couldn't have located in or near CV.

Edited by aent