Creative Village

sunshine

14 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Not being pessimistic, that's just weird, bad design from an asthetic street-level architectual standpoint. 

I can only imagine some sort of power mandated that those power meters  met the curb within so - much walking distance from the establishments.   

Stupid. 

They just need to be hit/run over a couple times (which shouldn't take long, this is Orlando).  That should motivate a solution :) 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Ah yeah. Nothing like racking up more student debt with unnecessary starbucks purchases.

Starbucks wants to serve up another coffee shop in downtown Orlando — this time near the $1.5 billion Creative Village mixed-use development.

The Seattle-based chain (Nasdaq: SBUX) plans to open a location in the Marriott Orlando Downtown at 400 W. Livingston St., according to a city of Orlando permit. Build-out is estimated to cost $100,000. Starbucks representatives weren't available for comment.

WFTV update on EASports building. No new news here- break ground 2020, complete 2021, 700 jobs, incentives in prop tax and jobs creation, 15 year land lease. Do we have a thread for this building yet...?

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/orange-county/game-changer-downtown-orlando-preview-ea-sports-new-headquarters/3C3BJYAYGNF2JHGHXKKJIYTGNQ/

14 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

Sitting at Starbucks studying/caffeinating/meeting friends is pretty much a quintessential part of college to me.

13 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

Don't get me wrong.  There's also the Ice Cold Refreshing Fountain Coca Cola Classic... and the metabolism to burn off those calories at that age.

For me it was passing the bong, paving our windpipes with cigarettes and heading to the fridge for another beer while trying to navigate through all the empties strewn about the floor. That, and playing game after game after game of 2 on 2 basketball in the driveway, sometimes until 2 am, until the elderly couple across the street politely asked us to stop playing so late because it was keeping them awake.

But yeah.... metabolism.

I sort of remember having one of those.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JFW657 said:

I've been saying for as long as I can recall to anyone who'd listen, that the one thing our downtown was lacking is a.... ah, never mind.

Y'all knew where this was going anyway. 

It does seem more useful than the hatchet-throwing bars. I guess if the millennials had been around to see Ed Ames throw the hatchet every week when “Daniel Boone” was on NBC, they might not find that so fascinating now.

If they'd start having "Throw the hatchet and split the apple on top of your friend's head" contests, I might even make the effort to get up and go see that.

But as for the thing being proposed, I suppose if one starts feeling for whatever reason, like they're about to start climbing the wall, now they'll have a convenient place to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I've been saying for as long as I can recall to anyone who'd listen, that the one thing our downtown was lacking is a.... ah, never mind.

Y'all knew where this was going anyway. 

Aiguille Center has been in business and doing this for over 20 years over in Longwood- albeit with some hiccups. There appears to be demand for it.

Just now, popsiclebrandon said:

With Aiguille I think still closed its a good time for them to come in. Hope Real Thread doesn't move too far.

They are in process of reopening

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Well, being that they're locating this thing downtown amidst the high rise buildings, we should demand that they erect a high rise climbing wall....

DEEuWP4XgAAJFk1.jpg 

Outdoors, too.

Not some wimpy, indoor, 20 or 30 ft tall kiddie wall.

Just make sure it’s more than 441’!

Personally, I’d rather just climb Mt. Dora.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 8:40 AM, spenser1058 said:

It does seem more useful than the hatchet-throwing bars. I guess if the millennials had been around to see Ed Ames throw the hatchet every week when “Daniel Boone” was on NBC, they might not find that so fascinating now.

Have you seen this video? It's one of the better ones out there...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1