Creative Village

sunshine

11 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

This seems like a current rendering of proposed projects.  From Baker Barrios 

73EE5517-4F79-4557-B85C-EBF01421C3CD.jpeg

From this it looks like there is still sizable park space between Lake Dot- where it becomes Terry Ave- and the new EA building. In other renditions I've seen the EA building sits squarely in front of the lake and the park does not continue through. Do you know which is correct.

The EA building was proposed on the corner of Concord  and Ronald Blocker Ave. From my understanding, the lot directly south of Lake Dot and North of the Commons is reserved for a hotel/mixed use building to serve the UCF campus. Though that could always change.  For now, it is  reserved as green space connecting the Commons to Lake Dot until a developer gets on board to build the hotel. 

What is striking to me in the image is the final completion of Terry as the thouroghfare  as an oak tree lined type of boulevard. And the amount of trees in general. I doubt that's what will happen IRL on the future development lots, but it is nice to look at. I sure hope they make Terry look like that in the future and put it through soon. There is a distinct lack of connectivty currently after Parramore was cut in half by Exploria. 

Found some recent new photos of the developments that are going on currently from the CV website: 

https://creativevillageorlando.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/CV-SHP-Site-Aerials-comp-10-17-19.pdf

https://creativevillageorlando.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Creative-Village-Madow-photos-Sept-2019.pdf

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 8:40 AM, spenser1058 said:

It does seem more useful than the hatchet-throwing bars. I guess if the millennials had been around to see Ed Ames throw the hatchet every week when “Daniel Boone” was on NBC, they might not find that so fascinating now.

Omg.  I went to that crazy hatchet throwing bar in 55W last month.  It's the craziest thing....but apparently it's a thing with leagues and stuff.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Craig Ustler, an FFO who has led development in Thornton Park, Creative Village and the Advent mHealth area, sits down for an interview with Bungalower:

https://bungalower.com/2020/03/01/sit-down-craig-ustler/

While Craig has, imho, drifted into an overly corporate development vision in the Buddy Era, he is nevertheless an important player in building out the core. At the end of the day, local players like Craig have an interest in what gets built since they are part of the community and don’t just disappear after they’re paid.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

They are wrapping up the Julian and will be doing fit-out for that and the EA Sports schedule was accelerated. We bid on the interior fit-out. They said that the schedule would be accelerated to attempt to move in by next November for EA Sports. After that the sitework for the Central Park commons will begin. (they are using it for construction laydown and parking currently).   They were supposed to begin the central park commons this summer after the Julian is done and the space is vacated.  

Sentinel article here:   https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/orange-county/os-ne-orlando-creative-village-plans-20190807-e7zexqy6pnendl7g4evhoavjkm-story.html

Said Modera and the Central Park Commons were supposed to finish next summer, 2021. 
"Next summer, Creative Village will grow by another 409 apartments. The ground floor will open up into a front-porch-like view of what’s dubbed Central Park — a 2.5-acre public park with a lawn, promenade, bandshell and seating space also due to open next summer."

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

They are wrapping up the Julian and will be doing fit-out for that and the EA Sports schedule was accelerated. We bid on the interior fit-out. They said that the schedule would be accelerated to attempt to move in by next November for EA Sports. After that the sitework for the Central Park commons will begin. (they are using it for construction laydown and parking currently).   They were supposed to begin the central park commons this summer after the Julian is done and the space is vacated.  

Sentinel article here:   https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/orange-county/os-ne-orlando-creative-village-plans-20190807-e7zexqy6pnendl7g4evhoavjkm-story.html

Said Modera and the Central Park Commons were supposed to finish next summer, 2021. 
"Next summer, Creative Village will grow by another 409 apartments. The ground floor will open up into a front-porch-like view of what’s dubbed Central Park — a 2.5-acre public park with a lawn, promenade, bandshell and seating space also due to open next summer."

Hey.... that sounds like it might be a great place to move.... "the tree"!!!!! 

Sorry 'bout that, all you anti-tree-talking folks. :blush: ;) 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, JFW657 said:

Hey.... that sounds like it might be a great place to move.... "the tree"!!!!! 

Sorry 'bout that, all you anti-tree-talking folks. :blush: ;) 

Although transporting it under/over I-4 may be challenging, a shaded area in a large open space would be nice.