Creative Village

sunshine

11 minutes ago, orlandouprise said:

then by all means...how much to transplant? I personally would love to see it at Central Park at CV. How much? I would start a gofund me for it. Honestly

Found this article on the subject...

Moving Large Trees

The cost to transplant trees varies based on the caliper inch of the tree to be moved and where it is to be located. Transplanting trees is commonplace in the landscape industry and refers to any planting of trees, whether from containerized material, balled and burlapped, or machine moved. Transplanted trees from 8 to 10 inches in caliper can be planted with traditional methods by tree spade machines and by hand for smaller caliper trees. For larger trees, 10 inches to 24 inches in caliper, unconventional methods are needed. These require multiple steps for digging and preparing the root-ball, lifting, transporting, and installation. Trees over 24 inches are generally referred to as ”mega-tree” moves, and require extraordinary methods, procedures, and equipment. While transplant costs will vary in different parts of the country, a 10- to 24-inch caliper tree will cost +/- $1,200 per caliper inch. Add another 20 to 30 percent if cranes are needed, or if the tree is being moved off-site. Above 24 inches, the costs jump significantly and can easily reach $10,000 per caliper inch, due to the increased tree/soil weight and the equipment necessary to move them. While transplanting a single 50-inch caliper oak tree at a potential cost of $500,000 is not within the reach of most owners, transplanting trees in the 10- to 24-inch caliper range is cost-effective under certain circumstances, and provides many of the benefits mentioned.

https://www.parksandrecbusiness.com/articles/2015/01/30/moving-large-trees

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yep.  They were using the Central Park Commons site for material and fill-dirt storage/contractor parking previously.  The plan I saw was for Ustler to vacate that and begin work on the Central Park  Commons as soon as the Julian was finished. Mill Creek/Modera have their own  parking and laydown area. Ustler will be using the lot north of Amelia for EA Sports HQ once Julian is done and they need less space.  Looks like they are clearing the site for the commons area now, other than some fill dirt storage for the adjacent projects.  I expect them to begin the sitework on the Central Park Commons soon after the foundations  are done for the other two projects. 

Supposed to start this summer to accelerate opening because of the Covid Shutdown according to Ustler's plans that I saw.  They also had some offsite contractor parking/storage they identified for possible use  at  800 W Amelia St or  600 Putnam Ave, depending on needs.  

Also note they are finishing up landscape/sitework for the parking areas for CV/VD.  Sidewalks are all done and they are doing landscaping/sodding next in the photo. 

See the annotation below: 

CV Current Activity.png

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Latest Baker Barrios overall rendering I have seen that shows what CV will look like once the current projects including Modera CV, EA Sports, and the CV Commons and sitework are built-out.  (They took out some surface parking and added more trees which is probably creative license, but looks pretty cool). 

CV Baker Barrios.png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Latest Baker Barrios overall rendering I have seen that shows what CV will look like once the current projects including Modera CV, EA Sports, and the CV Commons and sitework are built-out.  (They took out some surface parking and added more trees which is probably creative license, but looks pretty cool). 

CV Baker Barrios.png

LOVE THE TREES 

Thing is, Orlando just doesn’t have the climate to support a large open space. I’d cut that in half and use the rest for areas of relaxing, reading, studying, under a comfortable canopy. 
Can’t even say this would be used for protesting this day and age because that has turned to the streets.

• Like 2

And I agree, the palm promenade should be reconsidered however as I’ve mentioned before recently, this new trend in Orlando to replace aged trees with palms seems to be an unfortunate trend.

Why not stick to central Florida’s natural trees such as oaks, cypress etc? They are much more attractive and functional. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tm68 said:

The open green space at Baldwin park gets used all the time.  Soccer, football, boot camps, frisbee, etc.  
with all those dorms and apartments, sure it will get plenty of use.

great point! Does anyone know if the oval shape represents anything to do with the old arena?