Creative Village

sunshine

On 10/3/2020 at 3:11 PM, prahaboheme said:

Hopefully that is just a concept rendering. The last thing Orlando needs is a large swath of open green space with no shade cover. 
This would get just as much use as Seneff Arts Plaza.

While I agree about the unfortunate lack of trees and shade, I think that given the purpose of CV's existence, they'll need an open space like that so they can hold large gatherings and events there.

Outdoor ceremonies, guest speakers, concerts, etc, etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

This is climate denial.

We aren’t talking about Baldwin.

Ha, you can’t have open space in Florida?  Wouldn’t most locals agree that the climate here in Orlando is nearly perfect six months of the year?

I am talking about neighborhoods near Orlando’s core, which these are.

Being a great outdoor city is a stated goal of Orlando and this green space not only contributes to that vision but offers an additional amenity that is lacking near the core of the city.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tm68 said:

Ha, you can’t have open space in Florida?  Wouldn’t most locals agree that the climate here in Orlando is nearly perfect six months of the year?

I am talking about neighborhoods near Orlando’s core, which these are.

Being a great outdoor city is a stated goal of Orlando and this green space not only contributes to that vision but offers an additional amenity that is lacking near the core of the city.

I think most would disagree with you that the climate is great 6 months a year.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, cwetteland said:

No. In terms of # of institutions, maybe, although there are a number of small specialty colleges out by UCF.   In terms of students, not close.  UCF main campus with about 60k.   

Not to mention UCF’s hospitality school, the med school, and Rollins. Plus there are larger VC and SSC campuses. Hopefully what we have downtown will continue to grow but Orlando, as in most things, is spread all over creation with our higher education offerings (and that’s not even counting schools like FSC, FIT, B-CU, FPU and Stetson that are in adjoining counties).

On 10/3/2020 at 2:02 PM, Jerry95 said:

a few of these are now up, would be nice if they included an opening date...

F554D059-36C4-4657-85D4-83DA1F4B5D19.thumb.jpeg.25ce55429559acd70079053901e0ec5c.jpeg

Breaking ground in Dec. Due to open Q3 2021.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/11/02/construction-to-start-subcontractor-bids.html

EA is also shooting for Q3 2021.

The article also mentions Modera expects to be ready Q1 2022. I'm hearing rumors of a national retail presence- not currently in our market- taking most or all of the 11k sq feet of retail space. I have not heard a name yet.

• Like 3

I really wish they would have placed some type of water fountain/feature into the park but after seeing the "fountain" they put at the entrance of the Seniff Plaza, maybe they were right not to include one. That "fountain" is embarrassing, it looks like one of those cheap water toys you set up on your lawn to have your kids play in it. 

After all the Will they/Won't they with the Ameila curve, I am glad they kept it. I drove in from the West this morning, and it's a great experience, starting with The Julian as a terminating vista, then you get a great view of OCPS and EA as you continue through Creative Village.  I only was able to manage one photo. 

123523391_296574914750335_3603222341173712961_n.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ustler discusses CV with OBJ.

Important quote... "It's difficult to predict future demand and upcoming projects until there is more certainty," Ustler said. "Hopefully that happens in the second half of 2021."

That sounds worrisome.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2021/01/08/creative-village-downtown-orlando-construction.html