Creative Village

sunshine

18 hours ago, KnightBay said:

You laugh but I personally think a 7-Eleven would work well with the college students in the area.  Red Bull, cheap beer, and garbage food? Seems like a perfect match. 

I think a 7-eleven or DGX or something along those lines is a given since the vision documents for CV mentioned "convenience retail".  Union West has 1 spot left, but it is only 2500 sqft and has a patio, so likely a food concept. I don't think the Julian has any more spots open.  Modera has 10,000 feet of retail, which is twice the size of the DGX on Rosalind- so my guess would be there.

7 hours ago, FLClarkKent said:

Per The Daily City, new brewery and food truck park proposed for Creative Village area.

https://www.thedailycity.com/post/orlando-food-truck-park-with-space-for-27-food-trucks-in-the-works-for-downtown-ucf-area

I don't know if this has any legs, but it could be interesting for the CV residents since the property is adjacent and Terry Ave will soon provide a direct path to it. I suspect everything in that area has to get the Ustler imprimatur to move forward.

I would also add it may not go over well with the neighbors and they will need to come up with a parking plan to get approval- unless the Parramore garage is public...?

Edited by AmIReal

1 hour ago, AmIReal said:

I think a 7-eleven or DGX or something along those lines is a given since the vision documents for CV mentioned "convenience retail".  Union West has 1 spot left, but it is only 2500 sqft and has a patio, so likely a food concept. I don't think the Julian has any more spots open.  Modera has 10,000 feet of retail, which is twice the size of the DGX on Rosalind- so my guess would be there.

I don't know if this has any legs, but it could be interesting for the CV residents since the property is adjacent and Terry Ave will soon provide a direct path to it. I suspect everything in that area has to get the Ustler imprimatur to move forward.

I would also add it may not go over well with the neighbors and they will need to come up with a parking plan to get approval- unless the Parramore garage is public...?

The first floor of the garage is open to the public, but you have to pay through an app. 

On 3/5/2021 at 11:24 PM, W7edwin said:

tbh I find that spot weird for this.. feels disconnected from the CV area. 

I agree with you. It sounds like an independent landowner is trying to come up with an alternate use for the warehouse space. I applaud them for the effort in thinking outside of the box and I hope they are successful. I might drive over and check it out one of these days during daylight (but those early AM morning hours are really pushing for that area lol).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

I agree with you. It sounds like an independent landowner is trying to come up with an alternate use for the warehouse space. I applaud them for the effort in thinking outside of the box and I hope they are successful. I might drive over and check it out one of these days during daylight (but those early AM morning hours are really pushing for that area lol).

Once OCSC games get back to full capacity, it could be a pretty cool spot if done right during game days. Outside of game days, definitely in an odd area - though, with time - I can see that whole area transformed (gentrified). 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Makes sense based on how far away it looked peaking in. Really hope this kills it so we see others invest in the area.

I think the first 6 months will be lean inasmuch as the students are not there yet. OTOH, I and many of my friends well remember Chef Oakley and Smiling Bison and we'll have no problems driving to CV on a regular basis.

By Oct/Nov they should have a few thousand students and 700+ EA workers. In the end I think they'll do pretty well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More odds and ends:

Maybe this food truck park on Robinson and Parramore has more legs than I gave it credit for. Bear and Peacock Brewery and Winter Park Distilling company have agreed to move to the location and create a "brewstillery". https://bungalower.com/2021/04/08/new-brewery-food-truck-park-coming-to-parramore/

The Monroe https://www.themonroeorlando.com/ in the Julian is awaiting the City for do their final walk thru. Should happen by the 15th and assuming all goes well open soon there after.

Although it has not been announced, word is the retail space in Modera will in fact be a DGX. Speaking of Dollar Stores has anyone heard of their PopShelf brand and has anyone asked them how they came up with such a stupid name for their upscale line- https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/18/dollar-general-will-build-bigger-stores-expand-popshelf-brand.html?fbclid=IwAR1h67WSRE4HwVeKFiC4aqZOIWpQAvsx0_ZZkf84s68-z0cdWmovvvoyJDg

A boutique hotel is planned to break ground in late '21 or early '22.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AmIReal said:

More odds and ends:

Maybe this food truck park on Robinson and Parramore has more legs than I gave it credit for. Bear and Peacock Brewery and Winter Park Distilling company have agreed to move to the location and create a "brewstillery". https://bungalower.com/2021/04/08/new-brewery-food-truck-park-coming-to-parramore/

The Monroe https://www.themonroeorlando.com/ in the Julian is awaiting the City for do their final walk thru. Should happen by the 15th and assuming all goes well open soon there after.

Although it has not been announced, word is the retail space in Modera will in fact be a DGX. Speaking of Dollar Stores has anyone heard of their PopShelf brand and has anyone asked them how they came up with such a stupid name for their upscale line- https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/18/dollar-general-will-build-bigger-stores-expand-popshelf-brand.html?fbclid=IwAR1h67WSRE4HwVeKFiC4aqZOIWpQAvsx0_ZZkf84s68-z0cdWmovvvoyJDg

A boutique hotel is planned to break ground in late '21 or early '22.

I quite like the DGX store in Modera on Rosalind, so glad to see it must be doing well enough to warrant a second in town. I thought DGX was supposed to be the "upscale" line, but I guess that's in the urban sector, whereas PopShelf would be more suburban. I get "Five Below" vibes from it, which seem to be doing well, so if it's just a grown up Five Below, I can see those also being successful. 

On 4/12/2021 at 10:12 PM, AmIReal said:

More odds and ends:

The property is owned by a family that has been heavily invested in Parramore for decades. I think the father passed the torch onto his kids which explains them thinking outside of the box vs traditional use for the warehouse. They own(ed?) quite a bit of property in Parramore so it will be interesting to see if more unique projects like this emerge in the future.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

The property is owned by a family that has been heavily invested in Parramore for decades. I think the father passed the torch onto his kids which explains them thinking outside of the box vs traditional use for the warehouse. They own(ed?) quite a bit of property in Parramore so it will be interesting to see if more unique projects like this emerge in the future.

I certainly hope so. Parramore/Creative Village has so much potential but it’s kinda dead right now. Maybe once in-person classes resume at UCF/Valencia, things will look better than the ghost town it’s been for months.

• Like 1