Creative Village

sunshine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 8:26 AM, JFW657 said:

Point taken, but I still wouldn't go as far as to say the above depiction of "Maitland" looks "awesome"....

I'd say it just looks like plain old Maitland.  :ermm:  

LOL!  Actually, if memory serves, EA's old digs were in the Charles Schwab building, right?  Wasn't that taller?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 6:30 PM, spenser1058 said:

Interesting the way they arranged those.

It's because they kept the curve! Here's the view from a block west.  I think this makes a very interesting drive through, and will help define the place, particularly when the gap between ACE and The Julian is filled. 

CV.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Orlando still has an opportunity to make this "commons" area an ambitious park area.  It doesn't seem like that is going to happen, unfortunately (unlike the original concept for something similar to a Millennium Park).

I cant think of another opportunity the city has in the center to create and outdoor space is is unique. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

According to Orlando Business Journal a seven-story affordable housing project is coming to the creative Village.

It is proposed as 190 unit on parcel L, directly behind the Julian. Tw story parking garage and 5 story wood frame. Scheduled for 2024, but they don't have funding yet.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2021/07/08/florida-downtown-orlando-affordable-construction.html

• Thanks 2

Great pictures! I can’t wait until Luminary Green or whatever that park is called gets finished. I think by the end of this year it should be open. It should tie Creative Village together nicely and hopefully bring people from all the nearby housing together. Downtown could definitely use another park besides Eola.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

Great pictures! I can’t wait until Luminary Green or whatever that park is called gets finished. I think by the end of this year it should be open. It should tie Creative Village together nicely and hopefully bring people from all the nearby housing together. Downtown could definitely use another park besides Eola.

Downtown could use a few more real parks. I hope some more green space is in store . 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, W7edwin said:

This morning :tw_glasses:

they’re really focusing on that corner and the parking ramp 

41D85CAA-CC59-4323-8B45-9091F82E35D9.jpeg

Hope you don't mind if I pick your brain... As you are a student in the Creative Village, I'm curious if you live on campus? Do you and others meander into downtown during your free time or do you tend to stay on campus mostly? Is the campus full or is it still kind of empty? Humor me and tell us what your experience has been like so far now that you've been there for a while.

Downtown has always been a bit of a ghost town during the day even when offices were open. The City used Arizona State University as a template for revitalization and I was hoping UCF/Valencia would breath some new life into downtown. I'm sure the pandemic slowed things down, but to be honest I really haven't noticed much of a difference during the day and was expecting more of a noticeable contrast in street activity. I know these things take time, but I'm impatient lol.

3 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

Hope you don't mind if I pick your brain... As you are a student in the Creative Village, I'm curious if you live on campus? Do you and others meander into downtown during your free time or do you tend to stay on campus mostly? Is the campus full or is it still kind of empty? Humor me and tell us what your experience has been like so far now that you've been there for a while.

Downtown has always been a bit of a ghost town during the day even when offices were open. The City used Arizona State University as a template for revitalization and I was hoping UCF/Valencia would breath some new life into downtown. I'm sure the pandemic slowed things down, but to be honest I really haven't noticed much of a difference during the day and was expecting more of a noticeable contrast in street activity. I know these things take time, but I'm impatient lol.

Downtown Tampa is a ghost town. I never thought of Orlando's downtown to be a ghost town in the daytime. interesting perspective. 

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn