Creative Village

sunshine

19 hours ago, AmIReal said:

I thought I already posted this, but couldn't find it...  The City approved construction of the 3rd affordable housing project in CV. 190 unit directly behind the Julian.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/orange-county/third-affordable-housing-parcel-approved-orlando/5BTZX5DDIBFKHGN62OX2BEMU4U/

directly behind the Julian- across Amelia next to Amelia Court?  I ask b/c behind the Julian is the parking lot for the tennis courts.

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

directly behind the Julian- across Amelia next to Amelia Court?  I ask b/c behind the Julian is the parking lot for the tennis courts.

That’s what it looks like. Remember that the Tennis Center is due to move up to The Packing District soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Per Growthspotter

$250 Million Phase Two.

Parcel X - 12 Story Class A Office Space with COVID-19 in mind. 185,000 sq ft with 5,000 SQ ft on ground floor retail. Calling it 'Building X' for now.  50% pre leased . $97 million

Parcel X - Hotel. 10 stories, 180 Keys, 5,000  ft of meeting space $42 million, Marriott brand targeted. A Marriott brand that isn't represented in Central Florida yet apparently.  Would come after office building and apartment tower.

Parcel X-1 - 26 story 324 unit luxury apartment tower totalling 259,000 SQ ft  and 4,000 SQ ft of ground floor retail.  $97 million. 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

well, I'm impressed... I thought this phase was the end-all final product.  But as it turns out, it was the catalyst for future development.  50% pre-leased is impressive.  Great for Orlando.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Per Growthspotter

$250 Million Phase Two.

Parcel X - 12 Story Class A Office Space with COVID-19 in mind. 185,000 sq ft with 5,000 SQ ft on ground floor retail. Calling it 'Building X' for now.  50% pre leased . $97 million

Parcel X - Hotel. 10 stories, 180 Keys, 5,000  ft of meeting space $42 million, Marriott brand targeted. A Marriott brand that isn't represented in Central Florida yet apparently.  Would come after office building and apartment tower.

Parcel X-1 - 26 story 324 unit luxury apartment tower totalling 259,000 SQ ft  and 4,000 SQ ft of ground floor retail.  $97 million. 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

So how certain are we that all of this is actually gonna happen and/or not get scaled down? Also, how many stories is the tallest building in Creative Village that's currently built?

Just think how completely transformed and tall/dense West of I-4 would look if this gets built and Orlando Magic Entertainment Complex gets built too?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, orange87 said:

So how certain are we that all of this is actually gonna happen and/or not get scaled down? Also, how many stories is the tallest building in Creative Village that's currently built?

Just think how completely transformed and tall/dense West of I-4 would look if this gets built and Orlando Magic Entertainment Complex gets built too?

The student housing building. 15 stories and a little over 200 ft? I could be wrong.

And right now in a huge supporter of west if I4 development. 

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

well, I'm impressed... I thought this phase was the end-all final product.  But as it turns out, it was the catalyst for future development.  50% pre-leased is impressive.  Great for Orlando.

There is a phase 3. Well what I'm calling a phase 3. That is when the tennis courts get demolished and we get another similar student housing building and more apartment's behind the current student housing building and The Julian. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Per Growthspotter

$250 Million Phase Two.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

I just noticed Baker Barrios can't design a building without a visor to save their lives. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I just noticed Baker Barrios can't design a building without a visor to save their lives. 

That goes back to a new rule in Mayor Bill’s day to not do the same old flat-top International Style buildings which were about all we had then. Unfortunately, the law of unintended consequences kicked in and developers took the cheap way out with visors. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

spacer.png

In this rendering, the  Creative Village park appears to extend north to Lake Dot.  In previous CV master plans, this lot was set aside for development. 

I do hope this is an updated plan to set aside additional park space and to seamlessly connect the park and lake area.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, orange87 said:

Are they gonna build anything on that parking lot on the bottom right?

DPJEBXH3GJFAFPV7J6LVXZHZSE.PNG.jpeg

Not in this phase. I believe they're saving those lots for later development that will hopefully have more appeal due to the activity from the other buildings, which means they can be denser (aka. taller).

• Like 1

I didn't realize the green space extends past Amelia alongside EA.

My question is why didn't they design EA's garage so it didn't front he green space?  And also, the front facade of EA- it only fronts Amelia and doesn't front any part of the green space.  It's almost like they didn't plan for that building to park integration- unless that green space is temporary at best.

1 hour ago, prahaboheme said:

I recently stayed at a Moxy in NY.  Trendy vibe -- that would be a nice addition to the area.

Gimme a Kimpton! I thought the AC might have ended up being a Moxy, but I think they're generally geared towards the more millenial traveler who doesn't need much space and prefers cheaper rates with nicer finishes, while AC is more geared towards business travelers. 

2 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Also, on the south end of Central Park, the park does not run all the way to Livingston. Lot H was at one time proposed as an amphitheater, but for now looks like it will be a plaza instead of extended green space.

The most recent renderings of Phase II show it as surface parking lot. I would think they would us it as temporary laydown/parking/site office for the Phase II construction, and convert it to surface lot after the projects are complete.  The initial master plan had that Lot H as third party office/creative development for Phase I and Lots R,S (the lot north of Amelia and west of EA) as the planned future hotel/flex development. Since they could not get buyer for those, the master plan changed.  Given the lack of office builders and the new plan for the hotel going in Lot X, I would say they will probably be green space/surface parking for quite a while.   

• 3 weeks later...