Creative Village

sunshine

2 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

The little 10 story hotel could be a Moxy Brand according to Orlando bogus journal.

Should have more details 4th quarter 2021.

I think they used me as an unnamed source...:tw_glasses:

On 8/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, AmIReal said:

Technically the park ends at Amelia. The lots between Amelia and Lake Dot are currently listed as "Potential Interim Uses of Existing Green Space", they are potentially viable building lots, but they may be left as open space (no guarantee). Also, on the south end of Central Park, the park does not run all the way to Livingston. Lot H was at one time proposed as an amphitheater, but for now looks like it will be a plaza instead of extended green space.

Btw, I've heard the proposed hotel on Parcel X-1 is proposed to be a  Moxy by Marriott.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, orlandocity87 said:

Amelia Street resurfacing is complete, right as EA and Modera are taking down some of their fencing.

Interestingly, the entrance to EA on this (southwest) corner is actually below street level and there are a few steps leading down to a small plaza. 

PXL_20210828_151859944.thumb.jpg.914d747c41361e89a87be7a2166fd186.jpg

Keeping that Amelia Street bend was a great move. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, orlandocity87 said:

Amelia Street resurfacing is complete, right as EA and Modera are taking down some of their fencing.

Interestingly, the entrance to EA on this (southwest) corner is actually below street level and there are a few steps leading down to a small plaza. 

As unvertical as it gets; even by Orlando standards.

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2021 at 4:49 PM, orlandocity87 said:

you would think that  they could plant a tree straight in this town...

• 1 month later...

Absolutely real. They already announced the Parcel X and X-1 a couple of months ago. (It's upthread)

$250 Million Phase Two.

Parcel X - 12 Story Class A Office Space with COVID-19 in mind. 185,000 sq ft with 5,000 SQ ft on ground floor retail. Calling it 'Building X' for now.  50% pre leased . $97 million

Parcel X - Hotel. 10 stories, 180 Keys, 5,000  ft of meeting space $42 million, Marriott brand targeted. A Marriott brand that isn't represented in Central Florida yet apparently.  Would come after office building and apartment tower.

Parcel X-1 - 26 story 324 unit luxury apartment tower totalling 259,000 SQ ft  and 4,000 SQ ft of ground floor retail.  $97 million. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

Absolutely real. They already announced the Parcel X and X-1 a couple of months ago. (It's upthread)

$250 Million Phase Two.

Parcel X - 12 Story Class A Office Space with COVID-19 in mind. 185,000 sq ft with 5,000 SQ ft on ground floor retail. Calling it 'Building X' for now.  50% pre leased . $97 million

Parcel X - Hotel. 10 stories, 180 Keys, 5,000  ft of meeting space $42 million, Marriott brand targeted. A Marriott brand that isn't represented in Central Florida yet apparently.  Would come after office building and apartment tower.

Parcel X-1 - 26 story 324 unit luxury apartment tower totalling 259,000 SQ ft  and 4,000 SQ ft of ground floor retail.  $97 million. 

I wonder if parcel X-1 is the tall one next to I-4 in this rendering...

CV-Render-NE-view-1024x768.jpeg

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

I wonder if parcel X-1 is the tall one next to I-4 in this rendering...

CV-Render-NE-view-1024x768.jpeg

I believe the parcel names should actually be X, X-1, and Y, but yes the apartments are in the tall building shown near I-4, the office is to the west of that with "CREA" on the side, and the hotel is just to the north of the office.

• Like 1

I kinda wish the 26 story tower was planned for the "Z" lot instead of the the Y lot. 

But this is Orlando and you never know what you're gonna get. 

Maybe we will get nothing or something much less desirable than originally advertised and like it. 

Maybe we will get something better later on. 

5 hours ago, ChiDev said:

Lol no way in hell a 26 story project of that size only costs $97m.   Glad CV is expanding though, really wish the south end of by Magic complex would build itself out.   The rate at which CV is growing, I feel like the Sentinel site is just crying to be built-out.

I may be mistaken, but the OBJ uses hard costs only. Not project costs. 

On 10/8/2021 at 5:20 PM, dcluley98 said:

I believe the Altamonte Springs building we were discussing recently was about 18 stories and ballpark (low) $100 M and that did not include a detached precast garage.  I would expect 26 story podium to be almost double that. 

it's just amazing.  The Standard Oil Building/Amoco/Aon Center in Chicago, at 1,136' and 80 stories, cost about $80M to build in 1974, and then cost another $80M to replace the white marble with White Georgia Granite in the Late '80's-Early '90's,.  And now an only 26 story building in Orlando could cost almost $200M to build in 2022.  And it won't even be clad in marble.

• Like 1