Creative Village

sunshine

On a positive note, I noticed a few weeks ago when I was walking around the area (and I was the only one) that the EA building does a decent job of connecting Lake Dot to the u/c commons area via a pathway.

Another note: the best side of the EA building is it’s north facade facing Lake Dot — the side most people will never see unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Interview with Ustler in OBJ. Phase 1 nears completion. The last aspect is Modera which is scheduled to be complete in Q2/22. Phase 2 is moving forward. Parcel X is office and Parcel Y is a 326 unit, 26 story apartment- both scheduled for Q2 closing. Parcel X-1 is hotel with a possible mid-24 opening.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2021/12/16/whats-ahead-for-creative-village-orlando-in-2022.html

"Once the second phase is completed, Creative Village will be home to more than 8,000 students, 3,000 residents, 1,750 professionals and 477 hotel rooms."

I don't think all of those people will care if y'all don't think it is creative.

Edited by AmIReal
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

NEGATIVE COMMENT COMING:

You would think that the EA building was in a runway path as countersunk as it is along Livingston.  You know, I wasn't all that much against it at only 5-6 stories- but that was when I thought the first floor lobby would have been a minimum of one floor height from the sidewalk or maybe 1.5 to 2 floor heights from the sidewalk.  The way it is, there is no grand lobby; it's almost as if it's on a sinkhole and it's sinking.  Very disappointing.  It is as minimalist as one could expect for a project that should have way more visibility and impact on the area to lure more companies there.  It is like the more the years progress, some of these buildings in Orlando get more and more like they are trying to hide them from the sky gods vowing to zap any tall buildings- even ones that are only five stories tall.  Society is an exception here- but the way they did their first level there, CSP, Citi Tower, Plaza, etc, I just don't understand it with EA.  Office space must be so volatile right now in Orlando that Ustler Group tried to spend the least amount of $$$ on that building to minimize their risk.  I get it...

• Like 3

On 1/16/2022 at 9:04 PM, klstorey said:

I think we have plenty of other performing arts venues in town and I've never really been impressed with Bob Carr. I assume the brewery idea is now dead?

I don't think you can have too many arts venues, especially when compared to Charlotte or Austin.  Those cities have an abundance of venues, and events to fill them up.  I say, keep Bob Carr as a performing arts venue to host shows requiring cheaper rental costs than the Phil, but give it a facelift and a little bit of love.  A Camping World Stadium for the arts, if you will.  For Chrissakes, Elvis played there!  I'm not a local arts booster, but I'd like to see more arts options in the area to choose from, and there is plenty of room to grow entertainment options outside of the theme parks (they both serve different purposes and audiences, of course).

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jliv said:

I don't think you can have too many arts venues, especially when compared to Charlotte or Austin.  Those cities have an abundance of venues, and events to fill them up.  I say, keep Bob Carr as a performing arts venue to host shows requiring cheaper rental costs than the Phil, but give it a facelift and a little bit of love.  A Camping World Stadium for the arts, if you will.  For Chrissakes, Elvis played there!  I'm not a local arts booster, but I'd like to see more arts options in the area to choose from, and there is plenty of room to grow entertainment options outside of the theme parks (they both serve different purposes and audiences, of course).

Agreed.  I've been to numerous shows at Bob Carr that I imagine would not have been able to come if they had to pay for DPAC

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, jrs2 said:

NEGATIVE COMMENT COMING:

You would think that the EA building was in a runway path as countersunk as it is along Livingston.  You know, I wasn't all that much against it at only 5-6 stories- but that was when I thought the first floor lobby would have been a minimum of one floor height from the sidewalk or maybe 1.5 to 2 floor heights from the sidewalk.  The way it is, there is no grand lobby; it's almost as if it's on a sinkhole and it's sinking.  Very disappointing.  It is as minimalist as one could expect for a project that should have way more visibility and impact on the area to lure more companies there.  It is like the more the years progress, some of these buildings in Orlando get more and more like they are trying to hide them from the sky gods vowing to zap any tall buildings- even ones that are only five stories tall.  Society is an exception here- but the way they did their first level there, CSP, Citi Tower, Plaza, etc, I just don't understand it with EA.  Office space must be so volatile right now in Orlando that Ustler Group tried to spend the least amount of $$$ on that building to minimize their risk.  I get it...

And not only that, but....

its-bland.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, JFW657 said:

And not only that, but....

its-bland.jpg

OMG...to show you how long of a day it's been...for a second there...I thought the chef guy was Chris Jericho...and I'm like...when in WWE would Jericho talk about food?

yeah...bland.  IMO, quite a step down from the Charles Schwab building in Maitland. 

the whole Build Back Better moniker as applied to Orlando has been transformed to  Build Cheaper.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

"The 0.6-acre property near the Bob Carr Theater at 401 W. Livingston St. is set to see some improvements, including new lighting and additional seating", per the OBJ. "Ustler Development would pursue and fund the plaza renovation project"

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2022/03/03/orlando-may-renovate-public-space-near-bob-carr-th.html

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 8:52 PM, AmIReal said:

Interview with Ustler in OBJ. Phase 1 nears completion. The last aspect is Modera which is scheduled to be complete in Q2/22. Phase 2 is moving forward. Parcel X is office and Parcel Y is a 326 unit, 26 story apartment- both scheduled for Q2 closing. Parcel X-1 is hotel with a possible mid-24 opening.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2021/12/16/whats-ahead-for-creative-village-orlando-in-2022.html

"Once the second phase is completed, Creative Village will be home to more than 8,000 students, 3,000 residents, 1,750 professionals and 477 hotel rooms."

I don't think all of those people will care if y'all don't think it is creative.

yeah, I know... three months late in commenting...but...

Do we know how many students are there on a typical busy day?  I don't see there being 8k students there at max ever.  I think they are using online enrollee numbers to spruce that number up.  

15 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

yeah, I know... three months late in commenting...but...

Do we know how many students are there on a typical busy day?  I don't see there being 8k students there at max ever.  I think they are using online enrollee numbers to spruce that number up.  

If there are that many, I sure haven’t been there at the right time. VCC West Campus when I went there in the Dark Ages seemed busier. Maybe they’re still coming back from COVID.

6 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

If there are that many, I sure haven’t been there at the right time. VCC West Campus when I went there in the Dark Ages seemed busier. Maybe they’re still coming back from COVID.

maybe when they open up that park people will hang out there.  they could also host things like movies like they do on Park Ave.  Dunno, b/c Terry is sketchy...and I don't mean Bradshaw either...

• Haha 1

Somewhere along the way I missed Beep had announced they want to roll self driving cars in downtown.

"City of Orlando spokeswoman Cassandra Bell confirmed to Orlando Inno that the city is interested in piloting autonomous vehicles downtown, particularly in the $1.5 billion Creative Village mixed-use development that’s taking shape. 

However, nothing is concrete, Bell said. “Our conversations about integrating any of these types of vehicles into our transportation options have only been exploratory, with no official plans for a pilot at this time.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/inno/stories/news/2022/03/29/beep-in-talks-to-deploy-self-driving-shuttles-in-d.html