Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TD

New Tallahassee Basketball Team!

10 posts in this topic

Wow, when it rains it pours.... we now are going to have an ABA basketball team in addition to the Tallahassee Titans arena football team

Yeah I just read that "teaser" from the Democrat. What irks me about the whole thing is what Ron Spencer ex. director of the civic center said:

If the American Basketball Association ever actually bounces into Tallahassee, it won't be at the Civic Center.

"I'm not interested," said Ron Spencer, the Civic Center's executive director. "I couldn't fit it in."

Nothing wrong w/not having room for them, that I understand. It's how he said it. Something more along the lines of "I welcome a team like that to Tally, but we just don't have room for their schedule at the CC. I wish them the best of luck."

See how much better that was. No need to be crass Ron, after all part of your job is public relations.

where would the ABA team be able to play then? FAMU? Tully? If not the Civic Center where? The intimate setting of Tully would be cool, plus if the crowds are small it would still be exciting... thoughts?

This is awesome! You might call it a little security in case the Titans don't work out. BUT I am hoping that both teams will be here to stay.

I think the perfect venue for this team would be at Tallahassee Community College's Eagle Dome.

It seems a suitable location, don't you think?

Never been to the Eagle Dome, is it a nice facility? I noticed that the Jacksonville team will be playing at UNF's arena, so maybe TCC's would be perfect.

Never been to the Eagle Dome, is it a nice facility? I noticed that the Jacksonville team will be playing at UNF's arena, so maybe TCC's would be perfect.

Awesome idea!!! I like it :thumbsup:

Eagledome Factoids

Eagledome.jpg

Opened: 1985

Capacity: 812

The Eagledome, one half of Tallahassee Community College