Single in the 616

Veloise

Since we drifted Zach's "first visit" topic so far afield, I thought this deserved its own thread.

Lesseee...

--there's a perception that GR has a remarkable number of good-looking women

--many local residents return from college with a bachelor's degree and a wedding ring

--it's hard to meet people if you're past college and single

Locally, I have discovered several interesting and unique groups for singles which are not just "meat markets." One actually has a speaker and small-group discussions every week. (Of course it's populated with bad-attitude walking wounded, but stil it's a nice idea.)

Someone mentioned meeting folks on mass transit in Chicago. What's your favorite place to find new friends here?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we drifted Zach's "first visit" topic so far afield, I thought this deserved its own thread.

Lesseee...

--there's a perception that GR has a remarkable number of good-looking women

--many local residents return from college with a bachelor's degree and a wedding ring

--it's hard to meet people if you're past college and single

Locally, I have discovered several interesting and unique groups for singles which are not just "meat markets." One actually has a speaker and small-group discussions every week. (Of course it's populated with bad-attitude walking wounded, but stil it's a nice idea.)

Someone mentioned meeting folks on mass transit in Chicago. What's your favorite place to find new friends here?

The DMV is a perennial favorite of mine.

When my girlfriend stopped at a red light on 28th as I was walking to the cross walk, I just hoped into her car. Said "hi" and "we're going to be together forever." She screamed a lot, but then she fell in love... Based on a true story.

IMO this is the only way to get with ladies. Women want assertive males with an agenda. So if you're assertive and have an agenda to get with the ladies, just grab a car at the intersection of 28th and Micheal.

When my girlfriend stopped at a red light on 28th as I was walking to the cross walk, I just hoped into her car. Said "hi" and "we're going to be together forever." She screamed a lot, but then she fell in love... Based on a true story.

IMO this is the only way to get with ladies. Women want assertive males with an agenda. So if your assertive and have an agenda to get with the ladies, just grab a car at the intersection of 28th and Micheal.

Something like that happened to me. I was stopped at a red light at College and Fulton, and a male on a bicycle rode over to my window. He asked, "Hey, girl! Want a boyfriend?"

He was a bit on the young side, and as he had asked and didn't simply state the matter, he left himself wide open to rejection. I replied, "No, thanks. I have two cats," and drove off as the light had just turned green.

Also based on a true story.

IMO this is the only way to get with ladies. Women want assertive males with an agenda. So if you're assertive and have an agenda to get with the ladies, just grab a car at the intersection of 28th and Micheal.

Interesting story, its one my parents always loved to share, is thats exactly what happened with them, my father pulled over to help my mother (she was on the side of the road, her car broke down) he got in her car, and fixed it for her, and asked her on a date, 3 months later they were down the aisle, Grandmothers at each other's throats :lol:.

My sister always was "awww so sweet" although I usually wanted to gag with the "mush fest" (give me some slack I was a kid :lol: )

Although I wont go into my exploits at the BOB on my 21st Bday

A-HA! Guess I finally figured out why I am still single!!!

Maybe I should be campaigning on one of my tandems, pickin' up peds and hitchhikers.

Art shows, yes. Speed-dating, NO!!!! Let's see. My favorite description of speed dating goes something like this: Cramming a year's worth of lousy dates into 3 looooooong hours. Can't remember who came up with that, but oh, so true!

Online dating: Onion Personals is top-notch, but the problem is that most of the members are from either New York or California. For some reason, Michigan men in my age group post personals with no photos, and then have the audacity to "wink." Duh.

It's frustrating to try to meet someone. My philosophy is to be true to yourself, enjoy living alone, be independent and not beholden to anyone... and when you least expect it... TADAAA! True love.

(I haven't had a date in three years.)

:rofl:

i have single friends, how old are you? :lol:

Yep, two little places on Monroe Center. One has great food and weird hours, the other has great coffee and better hours.

But the only singles I've met there are Eddie, and the Professor.

Maybe you should find a few new places to go hang out!

Where is the sign up sheet? Is it as easy as that?

Who knew?

Oh, and no red bicycle shorts.

Va is referring to a podium photo I sent her of a (male) cycling team wearing these. One can learn a lot about these guys just by (not even closely) studying their apparel.

Plastic grocery bags would leave more to the imagination.

Maybe you should find a few new places to go hang out!

You know you've become a GR insider when...

...you know who these two people are.

omfg, i think i just died a little inside. :sick:

Dude, didn't your mama ever tell you that you can't judge a book by its cover. Beauty is only skin deep. It's what's inside that counts. Etc.

Look past the warts... Waaaay past the warts.

:yahoo:

You people are making it hard for me to complete my project...

What project? Need some help? I am very creative.

Dude, didn't your mama ever tell you that you can't judge a book by its cover. Beauty is only skin deep. It's what's inside that counts. Etc.

Look past the warts... Waaaay past the warts.

:yahoo:

im sry baby but that thing is ugly to the core, put it this way; I no longer believe in a god, because if there was a god he would NEVER have let this creature come to being.

You all are great! This thread is cracking me up - which is good, because with the reality of the dating scene a girl could be crying.

I don't recall who said it, but you hit the nail on the head, IMO - be happy living "alone", have great friends, live a life full of the things you love and the someone special will come along. Be someone you'd want to spend time with - if you can't be alone with yourself...what's that say about you?

The online thing - everyone's "almost" divorced! Get those papers guys!

Haven't tried speed dating, and from the previous description, there's absolutely no need to...

You people are making it hard for me to complete my project...

Rizzo - what's your project?

Archived