Single in the 616

Veloise

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's bailing on us. Abandoning the bright lights of GR for the beacons and parking lots of Shaumburg.

No, I'm not bailing.... I'm going there and coming back. (Everytime I spell check Schaumburg, it comes up Scumbag.)

When I'm back I'll grab the newly built fast train down Division to see you all.

Back to the dating scene.

Qualities I watch for in men (I won't say "look for" because I'm not looking, but if it happens by, I'll watch):

Wicked sense of humor

Class

Intelligence and wit

Self-supporting with a running car (haha)... preferably a Porsche

Not a substance abuser (or if was in the past, is recovering or recovered now)

Carries himself with confidence

Humble but not a wimp

Creative (but not necessarily an artist per se)

Appreciates quirky things

Sexy voice

In pretty good shape (doesn't have to be an Adonis, but it sure would help)

Non-smoker (or closet smoker)

Good fashion sense

Professional

Fun to be with (even if it's inappropriate to end a fragment with a preposition)

Not handsome (i.e., it's the character and personality that make a man attractive to me)

Most excellent chemistry (there is nothing there without it)

And the list goes on...

(You can see why I haven't dated in three years. Plus the problem with the warts and teeth. Must get braces soon but need a rich man to pay for that. :lol: )

Qualities I watch for in men (I won't say "look for" because I'm not looking, but if it happens by, I'll watch):

Wicked sense of humor

Class

Intelligence and wit

Humble but not a wimp

Sexy voice

Good fashion sense

Professional

Fun to be with (even if it's inappropriate to end a fragment with a preposition)

Not handsome (i.e., it's the character and personality that make a man attractive to me)

And the list goes on...

(You can see why I haven't dated in three years. Plus the problem with the warts and teeth. Must get braces soon but need a rich man to pay for that. :lol: )

post your pic, you surely are not that ugly :)

Wicked sense of humor

Class

Intelligence and wit

Humble but not a wimp

Sexy voice

Good fashion sense

Professional

And the list goes on...

The list, This just kills his ego.

Oh, yeah. I knew that.

Truth in advertising: here's my photo:

post-4420-1155753786_thumb.jpg

Think one of your friends will be interested?

omfg, i think i just died a little inside. :sick:

I just spit coffee all over my computer screen...... OMG, I can't stop laughing....

Thanks for the afternoon laughs! I vote this thread: best ever.....

I just spit coffee all over my computer screen...... OMG, I can't stop laughing....

Thanks for the afternoon laughs! I vote this thread: best ever.....

Sorry about the monitor, G3.

I am soooo proud...probably the most popular thread ever on UP. What, 90 minutes old, and already on three pages?

And the list goes on...

I'm on several e-matching boards. Pet peeves: "I leik NASCAR an motocycls an cookn dinr, going too bars."

Last week some fellow winked at me. Maybe he thinks that two wheels are close enough; he wants someone "not afraid to ride a motorcycle anywhere at any time." WTF does that mean?

Get your own braces. I did.

^Your future catch, I mean throw back... Or you could just play the catch and release game -- don't bother looking for a fish, just throw them all back.

Hmmm. That would involve quite an investment of time.

Well, I AM taking next term off from law school...

But I don't know. I just can't seem to make up my mind. Guess I'd have to see what you're talking about.

Hmmm. That would involve quite an investment of time.

Well, I AM taking next term off from law school...

But I don't know. I just can't seem to make up my mind. Guess I'd have to see what you're talking about.

the best way to date somebody is to get all wasted at abar and go make out with somebody, 90 percent of the time it works all the time! :lol:

Hi, my name is Rachel & I'm single.

I seem to portray to men that one day I'm going to run for office, which scares them. This is so crazy to me, because I'm not planning on running for office anytime in the future. I guess it doesn't help that some of my friends will tell my dates how I'm going to be Mayor one day.

Hmmm... why do people assume you want to run for office when all you are doing is being a passionate active citizen. I love this city, not because I want to run it.

"To the beat of the street is the world I live in,

The beat of the street is where I find my zen.

Saturdays I walk to the morning sun

My hair running wild in the wind,

Opening myslef to the world and

Letting life soak in."

(Okay, I'm getting ready to participate in the Monday night Poetry Slam.)

Anyway, has anyone checked out casual encounters on craigslist, now if you want some real laughs.....

the best way to date somebody is to get all wasted at abar and go make out with somebody, 90 percent of the time it works all the time! :lol:

Eureka!!!! That's it!!!! I have to start drinking.

Now, why hasn't anyone told me this before? It sure would have saved a lot of time.

Trouble is... drinking makes me thirsty. I find it difficult to justify drinking something that makes me thirsty. In my mind (small as it may be), drinking ought to quench thirst, not create it.

Am I missing something here?

Archived