Single in the 616

Veloise

Back to the dating scene.

Qualities I watch for in men (I won't say "look for" because I'm not looking, but if it happens by, I'll watch):

Wicked sense of humor

Class

Intelligence and wit

Self-supporting with a running car (haha)... preferably a Porsche

Not a substance abuser (or if was in the past, is recovering or recovered now)

Carries himself with confidence

Humble but not a wimp

Creative (but not necessarily an artist per se)

Appreciates quirky things

Sexy voice

In pretty good shape (doesn't have to be an Adonis, but it sure would help)

Non-smoker (or closet smoker)

Good fashion sense

Professional

Fun to be with (even if it's inappropriate to end a fragment with a preposition)

Not handsome (i.e., it's the character and personality that make a man attractive to me)

Sorry Budgie, I'm already taken. :rofl: Never mind, carry on..

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that all the hotties (girls) in here just need to get dressed up, head down to crush in the Bob on a Saturday night and start walking up to guys and talking to them, trust me, guys will respond to this in a very positive way.

I have a few single friends that would be full support of that.

oooh I've never had good luck at crush. Everytime I go there, I get well whats the right word for "weeps for humanity" I swear if I run into another dude who is distraught that his cool shirt, and tie with cool khakis isnt snabing up the hotties I'm going to puke!

gah I'm a grief mop.

Here I am with the last date I went on.

As you can see, the Detroit Free Press Yak had his eyes on something else....

Oh, how I miss the Yak....

A haiku if you please....

Mister Michael Sak*

You looked quite good as a Yak

Please wont you come back!

* (Its the first name that popped up in my head when I think of Yaks!)

Who jokes around about having 12 fingers???

Thank goodness Nitro is in a meeting, he would be having a field day with this...

Rache, could you please scan your (grown-up, present day) hand and share that with us? Alleviate all doubt.

And I want you playing piano in my band.

wow. i've been working all day when i could have been diving into the deep end in this thread. what was i thinking??? =;-)

once upon a time, i would hang out at a few writer's groups here in town. these would lead to after group get-togethers at bars and parties. yeah, people would hook up. someone accused me of only going to pickup women. the person who accused me of this had dated more people from the group than i had! he quickly realized his mistake.

since then, i've been married and now i'm working on turning my soon-to-be-divorced status into something truly single. other than hanging out at karaoke nights with co-workers, i'm completely out of ideas for the "single" life in GR.

...ok, enough reality for one post. where's happy hour here in cyberspace? ;)

wow. i've been working all day when i could have been diving into the deep end in this thread. what was i thinking??? =;-)

once upon a time, i would hang out at a few writer's groups here in town. these would lead to after group get-togethers at bars and parties. yeah, people would hook up. someone accused me of only going to pickup women. the person who accused me of this had dated more people from the group than i had! he quickly realized his mistake.

since then, i've been married and now i'm working on turning my soon-to-be-divorced status into something truly single. other than hanging out at karaoke nights with co-workers, i'm completely out of ideas for the "single" life in GR.

...ok, enough reality for one post. where's happy hour here in cyberspace? ;)

Get the 8-1/2 x 14's first, boyfriend.

And per Dr Joy Browne, wait a year afterwards before dating again.

[there's a reason I agree with this...make that several reasons...]

Archived