Single in the 616

Veloise

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you a guy? If so, your experience would be very different. Also, aren't you still just a pup? (In a good way... no ugly dog innuendo intended.) If so, your experience would be very different. The pool of available potential mates/dates rapidly declines once one reaches one's 40s... and it's downright slim pickin's when one gets into the 50s and above. My motto is: All the good men are dead or married. A little levity, here. MUCH needed.

that is exactly what I was going to point out . . .dating pool shrinks dramatically from when you are in your 20's to ~gulp~ your very late 30's . . . .. :(

Hmmmm. Has anyone here tried it or know someone who has?

All I know is that it is very expensive . . .like over $1,000!! But . .that could mean that the people that are doing this are successful and serious otherwise why spend the $$ . . .

[about It's Just Lunch]

All I know is that it is very expensive . . .like over $1,000!! But . .that could mean that the people that are doing this are successful and serious otherwise why spend the $$ . . .

Wowie. I could go get a table at Olive Express for much much less and invite someone to share with me. Perhaps better conversation, too.

Maybe this will help. From urbandictionary.com ;)

"HOLLA":

it depends upon the context in which you are using the word.

1.)a term used to try and talk or try an "hook-up" with a female.

2.)meaning to talk to someone or telling somebody to hit u up later

Ex. for #1.) Ey mama can i HOLLA atchu fa a minute.

Ex. for #2.)a> HOLLA atcho boy b.>holla bak

Oh, HOLLA. Well, that's a totally different animal! Of course. Ebonics?

Could it also mean a place somewhere in the mountains of West Virginia?

[about It's Just Lunch]

Wowie. I could go get a table at Olive Express for much much less and invite someone to share with me. Perhaps better conversation, too.

OUCH! $1,000 bucks for just lunch?

I could see spending that kind of money if the lunch was at a cool cafe in Paris, France. But in GR? Not going to happen with this canine. No sirree.

Maybe this will help. From urbandictionary.com ;)

"HOLLA":

it depends upon the context in which you are using the word.

1.)a term used to try and talk or try an "hook-up" with a female.

2.)meaning to talk to someone or telling somebody to hit u up later

Ex. for #1.) Ey mama can i HOLLA atchu fa a minute.

Ex. for #2.)a> HOLLA atcho boy b.>holla bak

Heard the piece on the song "Promiscuous" yesterday on NPR (whilst driving in Cleveland). Interesting commentary from civilians.

Singles By Design and the GR Ski Club ("not just for snow") is having a bonfire potluck party Sat October 7. You could look them up.

• 3 weeks later...

Do they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back?

Nope, they sure do not. A friend of mine did this & the dates that they went on were completely off the mark from the match criteria given. A complete disappointment. Starting to believe that "warm bodies" are all that are needed and you are matched w/ whomever just so they can say you had your date and they fulfilled their contractual obligation. They even flat out lied about one person . . when my friend asked if this person was divorced they said yes. Turns out he was only separated and had put that on his questionnaire! There is no way in heck I would sign up for this scam!!!

Nope, they sure do not. A friend of mine did this & the dates that they went on were completely off the mark from the match criteria given. A complete disappointment. Starting to believe that "warm bodies" are all that are needed and you are matched w/ whomever just so they can say you had your date and they fulfilled their contractual obligation. They even flat out lied about one person . . when my friend asked if this person was divorced they said yes. Turns out he was only separated and had put that on his questionnaire! There is no way in heck I would sign up for this scam!!!

Good to know. Sounds like it would be next to impossible to match up an ideal pair unless the entire population of the world signed up.

I will take my random chances, such as they are.

:)

• 1 month later...

There's a contra dance at Grace Bible's gym this Saturday. Starts 7:30 pm. Great live music, a caller (not yrs truly) to explain things. Nice friendly folks. Bring a treat to share. Smoke-free, non-alcohol.

FWIW, every time the music stops, everyone changes partners. If you're new, the long-timers will ask you to dance. (And any other demographic applies as well as "new.") Age range: ambulatory. Some dancers bring elementary-age kids, others their AARP cards. Dress: comfy casual, holiday flair is welcome.

It's good fun times. I got hooked 25 years ago (and passed the half-a-lifetime milestone for that in October). And I will be there, so you know at least one other person already!

Archived