Time for us UNCC Students to head on back...

Batou

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay time for me to pack up my stuff and head on back into my oncampus apt. A few cool new things on campus like the new shuttle system. :)

I agree, I am looking forward to the new shuttle service this fall, and I wonder how it will go for the first days. I still can't believe that our first day is just a few days away. Is it just me or did the summer fly by?

I agree, I am looking forward to the new shuttle service this fall, and I wonder how it will go for the first days. I still can't believe that our first day is just a few days away. Is it just me or did the summer fly by?

Yeah it did, guess that happens when you get older. :( This will be my 2nd year at UNCC , last year i lived in Cypress, this year I'm in the Phase 3 Apartments. Hopefully though it wont suck. I esp like how they increased the time between classes and how theirs rarely any classes on Fridays so I get a 3 day weekend :D

Yeah it did, guess that happens when you get older. :( This will be my 2nd year at UNCC , last year i lived in Cypress, this year I'm in the Phase 3 Apartments. Hopefully though it wont suck. I esp like how they increased the time between classes and how theirs rarely any classes on Fridays so I get a 3 day weekend :D

Unfortunately for me, I have a Wed/Friday class this fall, which sucks because I was looking forward to the whole three day weekend like everybody else will get, Oh well.

On a side note: I went on campus today and I noticed that they did some major repaving to some of the parking lots throughout campus. I thought they did a good job, looks a whole lot better.

i'm a freshman at UNCC, so today was pretty hectic. Luckily i know most of my way around campus, but it does get kind of bland just looking at the buildings with the same design. oh, well onto my first year of college. woohoo

i'm a freshman at UNCC, so today was pretty hectic. Luckily i know most of my way around campus, but it does get kind of bland just looking at the buildings with the same design. oh, well onto my first year of college. woohoo

Ah yes this is my 2nd year so i still remember my first year very well. Stuff will take geting used to. And remember if you are ever lost you can find your way to anything from the giant tower that looks like a straw (or a *ahem* depending on how u view it) :)

I'm moving alot of my stuff into Chapel Hill tommorrow and then on Saturday as well. Our classes start Wednesday the 23rd. I was talking to some of my high school friends and their classes start the 25th, a Friday. CMS makes me laugh.

I think Winston/Salem-Forsyth County is doing this as well. I guess becasue the first day is always so hectic and all teachers really do is go through class syllabus' and stuff. This way they can start fresh on Monday and not have to worry about all the first day jitters. This isn't as bad as Stokes County where I heard they started on a Thursday and had half-days for that day and Friday as well.

Oh boy, I'm just today realizing the 20 minute drive to the university i get to undertake four days a week from Concord. Oh well, it's cheaper this way pending gas doesn't get to 4 bucks in the next four months I'm living here. I realized today that my 9 o'clock lab is gonna have to go seeing as I don't feel like dealing with rush hour every monday just to get to a lab.

For those of you still looking at classes, I highly suggest internet courses. They are perfect because you set your own pace and you can basically look up everything online until the cows come home and it's not considered cheating. I've take one in each of my last two semesters and I'm signed up for two more this semester. Books are "required" for the classes, but I've never spent a penny on them and gotten over a 100 in both.

...I was talking to some of my high school friends and their classes start the 25th, a Friday. CMS makes me laugh.

No actually it's nice. I just moved from Atlanta where its quite common in several of the school systems. Usually the first day of school is fluff anyway. Get your books, a syllabus, etc... and for the lower grades, it usually coincides with a parent orientation. Parents usually find it easier to take the time off on a Friday. On Monday, both students and teachers are ready to kick off the year.

Since you can't really find on either the CATS or the UNCC website the actual MAP for the stops and the routes of the 3 shuttles here is one i found posted on party49ers (hopefully it's accurate)

http://www.ninercentral.com/parker/UNCCShtl.pdf

Theres one stop right outside my window/apt :D

Basicly the first ones will be one route that goes counter clockwise( the nugget), one that goes clockwise (the niner) and one that goes from the CATS station near the east decks to the CRI (CRI Express)

Man that blows, three routes and not one goes by the south side of campus. Go figure. 11 hours til my first class at 11am. So glad I dropped that 9am lab.

My earilest is 11am too (i try hard to not get em eariler then this but one day a damn class i really want is gonna be at 8am and gonna kill my mornings :( ) i have 2 on mw and 2 on tth and non on friday.

My earilest is 11am too (i try hard to not get em eariler then this but one day a damn class i really want is gonna be at 8am and gonna kill my mornings :( ) i have 2 on mw and 2 on tth and non on friday.

Yea, same here, but the only issue with 11am classes is there is barely any parking spots left on campus by that point. Top level East Deck 3, here I come. Unfortunately, the one class I really wanted was only offered at 2pm on WF. I mean, what's the point? It's not like having the same class be MW would interfere any more with another class seeing as either way you have class that time on wednesday. I'm hoping maybe I can get some people to join me in persuading the professor to change the days.

Parking isn't really an issue for me as it was last year my first year living in cypress it was hard as hell to find spaces sometimes in that lot. This year theres always plenty of parking in the lot right next to phase 3, plus with the new busses (which are DAAAAMN nice i mean they went all out, even have voice overs announcing most of the stops like you see in subways) and didn't give us old junky ones from the airport or something ) you can probably park in a farther lot and ride a bus if you have to. I did find out the stop is actually a little bit over from my window but still in a good proximity.

Archived