Time for us UNCC Students to head on back...

Batou

Is it just me, or was traffic in and around campus just insane today?? Particulary around highway 49 and John Kirk Rd. Maybe it was because of the first day, or maybe it was because I have been here all summer and have not seen campus with all of its students.

I did see the new shuttle while I was walking to class. While I didn't ride it I am glad it is there for the students who have classes at the research buildings; it was a hot, humid day today and that is a long walk from anywhere.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me, or was traffic in and around campus just insane today?? Particulary around highway 49 and John Kirk Rd. Maybe it was because of the first day, or maybe it was because I have been here all summer and have not seen campus with all of its students.

The traffic was probably caused by the mass of freshmen realizing they don't have ethernet and coaxial cables. It happens every year, stores within ten miles of campus sell out them in about a two day period of time. Also, restaurants and such seemed extremely busy today while I was in that area. Everybody is out making new friends. I drove by Ishi's (the famed Japanese restaurant that half of UNCC students come to eventually crave) and there was a line out the door. I've never seen that there. I wish they would expand their UC location and close their horrible Harrisburg location. And now that sushi is apparently posh, Sushi 101 was crammed more than I've ever seen it, and I go there every chance I get.

The traffic was probably caused by the mass of freshmen realizing they don't have ethernet and coaxial cables. It happens every year, stores within ten miles of campus sell out them in about a two day period of time. Also, restaurants and such seemed extremely busy today while I was in that area. Everybody is out making new friends. I drove by Ishi's (the famed Japanese restaurant that half of UNCC students come to eventually crave) and there was a line out the door. I've never seen that there. I wish they would expand their UC location and close their horrible Harrisburg location. And now that sushi is apparently posh, Sushi 101 was crammed more than I've ever seen it, and I go there every chance I get.

I love me some Ishi's. :D I also think they should make their UC location alot bigger, that place is always crowded and could use an expansion.

I love me some Ishi's. :D I also think they should make their UC location alot bigger, that place is always crowded and could use an expansion.

I started sending people there with my card after recommending it. I figure, if enough people show my card, I can eat there for free. Still no luck.

Why is lot #8 not connected via the new bus system? Everytime I complained about parking last semester to Parking Services, I was told to use #8 over by Holshouser (the highrises). It has tons of spaces, but is at the edge of the earth.

Haha, yea, but back in my freshmen year, I had a girlfriend who lived at Campus Edge and I used to park there (pre-security gates) and walk to class every day with her. That is... when we'd actually go. Good times. But yea, I feel your pain. Luckily it isn't as hot this year as past years have been for the beginning of the school year. Speaking of parking, i need to get my permit today.

The Charlotte Observer had a not so flattering picture of the first day at UNCC on its front page. You can see it here:

http://www.charlotte.com/multimedia/charlo...age/tuesday.pdf

Evidently the 49ers have "gone country" :)

And it doesn't help that theres a guy wearing a basket looking hat in the background, it makes us look like we are all hicks :(

And it doesn't help that theres a guy wearing a basket looking hat in the background, it makes us look like we are all hicks :(

i wouldn't worry about it. nobody reads stories written about the college anyway. most people still forget uncC is in charlotte. it's the same as if a front page about the opening day of Davidson were there.

Archived