Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beerbeer

Connecticut Culinary Institute in Hartford

8 posts in this topic

This is a nice littel project, The school has taken over the former Hastings Hotel.

Will it be open for lunches?

I think eventually they plan to have restaurants in the retail space at ground level on Farmington. I don't know when that phase would be opening though.

They're housing a bunch of Trinity students there during our renovations, from what I hear the meal plan will give them full access to the institutes kitchen and food, nice deal if u ask me.

They're housing a bunch of Trinity students there during our renovations, from what I hear the meal plan will give them full access to the institutes kitchen and food, nice deal if u ask me.

Well that's a good sign, Hartford's newest educational institution is already working in conjuction with the existing ones. :)

I bet the food will be awesome!!!!

First I know this is horrible but Hartfords suburbs have been taking things away from the city for so long that its nice to see the city taking some things from the suburbs such as the CT Culinary Institute.

Second this school is a great opportunity for Hartford. In Providence Johnson & Wales students have opened up restaurants across the city....although the CT Culinary Institute may not be as large as J&W there are opportunities for graduates to open new city restaurants!!!

Providence has always had some of the best Italian restaurants in the country thanks to the many Italian "families" in the city.