Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seicer

(WVA) [Huntington] 9th St. Plaza Phase I to open in October

5 posts in this topic

Plaza may open in October

SLC: This applies to the 3rd to 4th Avenue portion. The other half, from 4th to 5th Avenue, is still intact sans trees and shrubs. I have photos of both sections but can't upload them for a few days.

I look forward to seeing the photos when you do get them uploaded. :thumbsup:

http://www.heralddispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dl...318/1001/NEWS10

It will open December 1, a few months later than expected. What is odd, and this is related to city ordinance, is the sidewalks immediately in front of a business was not replaced. The remainder was replaced for the project. Appearantly, most businesses did not feel up to paying out of their own pocket for a new sidewalk.

"Brick pedestals that will hold the spires from the old 6th Street Bridge also need to be constructed, Holley said. The spires will be placed at each end of the plaza at 3rd and 5th avenues."

This will be a welcome addition. One is in Chesapeake, Ohio at the foot of the Robert C. Byrd Bridge and the others are IIRC in storage. Now that leaves one MIA.

It will open December 1, a few months later than expected. What is odd, and this is related to city ordinance, is the sidewalks immediately in front of a business was not replaced. The remainder was replaced for the project. Apparently, most businesses did not feel up to paying out of their own pocket for a new sidewalk.