CONSTRUCTION THREAD: TD Bank Regional Headquarters Campus

g-man430

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you guys think of the speeches by Sanford, Knox White and other officials? I really liked what Knox White said about the diversity and education level of people this company would help funnel into Greenville. Also the statement that the people coming in will settle in Greenville and possibly open their own businesses (he jokingly said banks) in the future. More investment in home grown companies. Hard to believe South Financial started just 20 years ago with one branch. Talk about the "can do" and "will do" attitude of the area....South Financial is a glowing example of this! :thumbsup:

Look at this link to this weekly newspaper and see if you can find all the incorrect information.

It was just put online, today, March 17 and says South Financial is keeping Greenville on edge by looking at a Florida location (he must not have gotten word of the news conference).

It says South Financial is next to BMW at ICAR, which is sort of true, but Millenium campus is in between.

The one that caught me, it says South Financial is "the largest company" based in SC (in assets). I know it's the largest "financial" company based in SC (it's up there nationally), but is it simply the largest company of any kind, period, based in SC? Or do his facts need more checking?

http://www.thecolumbiastar.com/news/2006/0...siness/053.html

The Greenville Journal infers that it was Jacksonville, but it don't really back that up. Frankly, I don't think anywhere other than Greenville was in the running.

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, but have been keeping up and reading here for a while. I did have the opportunity to attend the press conference this morning and regarding sites in FL, the basic explanation Mack gave was that in just 5 years of being in FL, the FL market represents over 40% of the bank's business and will be where the growth is in the future for the bank. I do think it was a consideration, though it was severely hadicapped from the get-go. And if you can't tell by my tag, I'm originally from Jacksonville. I'm living in Greenville now and am just starting to get as interested in its development as I was in Jacksonville's and still am. I'm looking forward to all these projects in Greenville. You guys do a great job of keeping up on things and hopefully I can help going forward.

Archived