Should West Virginia have it's own forum?

erdogs

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it had it's own forum like every other southern state you might know.

I've posted quite a lot (since there was virtually nothing for WVA) for this state, so if you look back at my post history, you'd find the majority.

I mainly keep up with Huntington-Charleston although if I do get bored at work, I hunt and find others :)

Ok I will add it tomorrow and move the relevant threads. Any suggestions for a description?

If all else fails, we can always just use "The Mountain State" as the description, just as we use the nickname for the description of most of the other state forums.

I would certainly post in a forum for West Virginia (since I lived there several years). However, I don't think we have any forumers that actually live there, which could hurt discussion about projects. Still, I am really excited that it's being considered!!

I'd certainly like to see some news about WV, especially since I went to a college so close to there.

However, I think it takes a lot of people willing to work in order to support a forum for a state. Several months ago we started a forum for New Jersey. We have a few UP forumers from NJ who have contributed good stuff over the months, but with so few of us and all of us being busy, the NJ forum is hardly at all active. In order to keep the thing afloat I think you need at least a dozen people committed to doing research and photo-taking/recon week in and week out.

I would support it as well. There's quite a bit of development taking place in Huntington with Marshall University's growth, the Pullman Square development of a long vacant block downtown, and the Kinetic Park.

I'm sure there are development and urban issues in the news in Charleston, Wheeling, Weirton, Parkersburg, Morgantown, Fairmont, Charles Town, Princeton, Bluefield, etc. as well; however, I have no idea what's going on in those places.

As for what to call it: "West Virginia: Almost Heaven" ?

I would support it as well. There's quite a bit of development taking place in Huntington with Marshall University's growth, the Pullman Square development of a long vacant block downtown, and the Kinetic Park.

I'm sure there are development and urban issues in the news in Charleston, Wheeling, Weirton, Parkersburg, Morgantown, Fairmont, Charles Town, Princeton, Bluefield, etc. as well; however, I have no idea what's going on in those places.

As for what to call it: "West Virginia: Almost Heaven" ?

Wheeling and Morgantown are two hotspots. I know of several new urbanism styled projects in Morgantown, and of one in Wheeling that added some nice rowhouses.

I don't live in the state, but for 18 years I lived within 10 minutes of it and Ohio. Right on the border, it made for some interesting commutes :)

I have taken photographs of Huntington's developments but need to get more uploaded on my Flickr account after I move tommorrow.

Very cool. I really know nothing about West Virginia, so I'll have to check it out and see if I can learn a thing or two. Having a designated place to post things about the state will be great for the users from there as well. Awesome... and another sign of UP's growth. Not to mention if other WV residents find this forum, that will create more growth for UP.

• 1 month later...

Archived