Murfreesboro Forum Meet

Justiceham

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have talked to some already about getting together to discuss Murfreesboro topics. I propose having a meeting at the Linebaugh Library on the first Saturday of every month. Right now it's too early to go into details, but would anyone be interested in meeting?

I live in another state...otherwise, I would be interested. Justiceham......the is a great example of how we begin to provide solutions to problems. The idea of meeting....getting to know one another....and formulating solutions is great.

Side note...back when I lived in Murfreesboro....I contacted the planning director to volunteer my time to run charrettes....visioning sessions.....and write codes based on public input. having years of experience in planning and urban design...I thought this would be of some help to the city. This was going to be my free contribution back to the my city. He sent me an e-mail back with an outline of how the public can participate in the planning process at planning commission meetings.....which includes a 3 minute limit on speaking.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt....busy man who did not read his e-mail. All I know is that he threw away free help. For those of you in the city...the planning department may be a tough nut to crack....but I think it is possible. I have always thought that planning departments could decrease their work load by training community planners...people who could serve as facilitator for planning meeting...community visioning sessions....and charrettes. Afterall, it should be government by the people....and for the people. Perhaps y'all can make it happen.

I think one possible solution would be the creation of a citizens advisory committee on growth, planning, and design. If enough of you pushed...the council would probably create the CAC. This would be an excellent forum.... I would suggest developing a outline of what y'all intend on accomplishing.....it is worth a try.

What, driving downtown Nashville isn't good enough? LOL!!! Seriously, we talk about Murfreesboro at the meets there, so don't worry. I think this is a great idea though. Certainly one that the city needs!

I could waste 30 miles of gas to discuss for five minutes how much Nashville hates Murfreesboro, lol, JK! Actually, I am just interested to see who would be interested in meeting that's all. I'm curious, what do you say about Murfreesboro at the meets?

What, meet everyone and lose the anonymity of the board? I wouldn't want all of you to find out that, in reality, I'm Al Gore!

no wait, maybe I'm Michael Moore?

no... even better.... I'm Elvis, Alive and well!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, I certainly am in no position to commit every Saturday, and I doubt there would be more than a few of us. Plus, I'm really more interested in Rutherford County as a whole, as compared to just the 'boro.

And don't worry justice, Nashville doesn't just hate Murfreesboro. I think they hate the whole I-24 corridor from Harding on down; think so too?

What, meet everyone and lose the anonymity of the board? I wouldn't want all of you to find out that, in reality, I'm Al Gore!

no wait, maybe I'm Michael Moore?

no... even better.... I'm Elvis, Alive and well!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, I certainly am in no position to commit every Saturday, and I doubt there would be more than a few of us. Plus, I'm really more interested in Rutherford County as a whole, as compared to just the 'boro.

And don't worry justice, Nashville doesn't just hate Murfreesboro. I think they hate the whole I-24 corridor from Harding on down; think so too?

One Saturday, one hour, once a month, wow that sure would be damn hard to commit to! Being shy has nothing to do with this, I'm interested in the county as a whole, but we're not a metro yet so excuse me for being picky. Sometimes I have some stuff to post for Smyrna too, but I'm not sure whether to post it on the Murfreesboro forum or the Nashville forum, oh well. Oh yeah, I was Michael Jackson in my past life.

I doubt I would be able to come very often. I usually have a commitment on Saturdays. Besides, what could we accomplish in person that we can't accomplish here?

Sometimes, people have plans, renderings, or other information that they cannot post. I also thought it would be neat to see the people who have such a big mouth on these forums. There is nothing that we really couldn't accomplish here rather than in person, just a thought.

Hey, if you guys want to meet for a burger at Toot's, go to a blue raiders game, or play 18 at Old Fort Golf course, that sounds like fun! I guess I'd just like to hear more from the board. I don't bring muc from an insider or engineers viewpoint. My interest in this board revolves more around what you guys know is going on.

I would certainly make it out to a meet if you guys have one. Heck I live here believe it or not! LOL!!! And I woudl love to meet up. Meets are awesome. It's a chance to connect and share you thoughts the way you want to share them and how. Things that cannot be portrayed through a computer.

Sometimes, people have plans, renderings, or other information that they cannot post. I also thought it would be neat to see the people who have such a big mouth on these forums. There is nothing that we really couldn't accomplish here rather than in person, just a thought.

I would certainly make it out to a meet if you guys have one. Heck I live here believe it or not! LOL!!! And I woudl love to meet up. Meets are awesome. It's a chance to connect and share you thoughts the way you want to share them and how. Things that cannot be portrayed through a computer.

Points well taken. Perhaps I'll be able to make it from time to time. (Work was the commitment I spoke of earlier.) If nothing else, I look forward to hearing about what you guys discuss!