Yankee Stadium

TBurban

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went there for the first and only time last summer (2005). I was fortunate enough to snag a foul ball in the ninth inning. How neat is that!

The stadium is awesome from a historical and traditional standpoint, but pretty bad with regard to convenience for fans. It's very crowded, hard to get in and out of and concessions are poorly laid out. I still have mixed feelings about replacing it. Glad I got to see the field where Ruth, Mantle, Dimaggio, et al played, though.

Since this thread is going I thought I'd add to it.

Here's Jeter on deck

yankee1.jpg

Damon batting & Jeter on deck

yankee2.jpg

Posada batting

yankee3.jpg

yankee4.jpg

yankee5.jpg

It was a 100 degree day in NYC, but that isn't sweat on the man's shirt. My drunk cousin spilled a cup of beer on the man's back during a pregame ovation for disabled war vets.

yankee6.jpg

yankee7.jpg

yankee8.jpg

yankee9.jpg

yankee10.jpg

Interior stadium concourse.

yankee11.jpg

Now compare the Yankee stadium inner concourse with that of the open air concourse at the new Philadelphia ballpark a(Citizens Bank Park).

philly1.jpg

This is similar to how the new Yankee park will be...you'll be able to see the game as you're standing in the concession line. I Hate to see the old ballpark go, but there will be many things which will be much better. Personally, I'd like to see NY get a third team and have them play there.....NY could support it...rather than have get torn down. But that's just a fantasy.

Archived