wrldcoupe4

Richmond: Economy/Business/Real Estate

On 7/27/2018 at 6:18 PM, wrldcoupe4 said:

There is more good news on the way. 

Is this the good news you were saying that was on the way?  This is super news!!!  Lumber Liquidators moving back to Richmond...we’ll, Henrico.  I’m thinking Libby Mill?  I just read where there was a high demand for office space there.  It could be because  of this move.

https://www.richmond.com/business/local/lumber-liquidators-moving-its-corporate-headquarters-back-to-the-richmond/article_ed532ee1-35a2-50e4-9f00-61093c5c7c65.html

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eandslee said:

Is this the good news you were saying that was on the way?  This is super news!!!  Lumber Liquidators moving back to Richmond...we’ll, Henrico.  I’m thinking Libby Mill?  I just read where there was a high demand for office space there.  It could be because  of this move.

https://www.richmond.com/business/local/lumber-liquidators-moving-its-corporate-headquarters-back-to-the-richmond/article_ed532ee1-35a2-50e4-9f00-61093c5c7c65.html

my question exactly.  If this is the good news,  ho hum.  Glad  they're moving, don't get me wrong, glad they are taking up the empty space that was southern seasons, but hoped it would be REALLY GOOD NEWS....

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hike said:

my question exactly.  If this is the good news,  ho hum.  Glad  they're moving, don't get me wrong, glad they are taking up the empty space that was southern seasons, but hoped it would be REALLY GOOD NEWS....

Yeah, really wish they would move downtown!!

8 hours ago, eandslee said:

Comment removed. 

Edited by wrldcoupe4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hike said:

Yes, 200 new corporate jobs to the region is ho hum... ???

• Like 1

It's about the architecture and design, excitement for new developments - yes, 200 jobs is good, moving into the old southern seasons is ho hum, sorry.

Edited by Hike
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Yes, 200 new corporate jobs to the region is ho hum... ???

I think the vast majority of the higher-earning folks there lived in Richmond and made the commute anyway...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

:)  Some more good news coming soon as well.

Can we at least have a date that this good news will be revealed?!?!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hike said:

It's about the architecture and design, excitement for new developments - yes, 200 jobs is good, moving into the old southern seasons is ho hum, sorry.

Tough crowd on here these days. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Tough crowd on here these days. 

It was a quick response with little thought about the job count, ho hum is intended to describe my disappointment that it's not a new building. 

Edited by Hike

On 7/27/2018 at 6:18 PM, wrldcoupe4 said:

Comment removed.  

Uh oh, that doesn’t look good.  So no up-coming good news?

What about this?  Averheath is expanding and will create 50 jobs!

https://www.richmond.com/business/local/substance-use-recovery-and-care-management-company-expanding-headquarters-in/article_b986b9cc-e3db-5be0-a5d6-cf3a02044b24.html

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eandslee said:

Uh oh, that doesn’t look good.  So no up-coming good news?

The edits had nothing to do with the upcoming good news. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

The edits had nothing to do with the upcoming good news. 

That’s good to hear!  Thanks for the confirmation!

8 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

Some good news for Richmond today :tw_smile:. Creating 129 new jobs here over in the stony point area of Richmond. 

https://www.richmond.com/business/local/global-shipping-transport-company-expanding-its-u-s-headquarters-in/article_94339931-f501-52d2-b822-2e4bd1c55f54.html

You beat me to it!  This is SUPER news!  Wldcoupe4...is this the good news you were talking about earlier or is there more?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eandslee said:

You beat me to it!  This is SUPER news!  Wldcoupe4...is this the good news you were talking about earlier or is there more?

Nope. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Nope. 

Well, this is also good news because this means that more is coming!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

What is the ho hum threshold?

For me there really is not one, but others may disagree.  At the very least, it would be good to be able to recognize it if I see it announced.  So, I guess if it doesn't make news, it's "ho hum."   Do you think it will pass this "threshold?"