Richmond: Economy/Business/Real Estate

wrldcoupe4

I don't think WS moving impacts the triangle project. FWIW, I'm hearing that Williams Mullen would be the tenant.

That's an interesting tid bit,Henry. Isn't that the law firm that recently merged with another law company in Raleigh? :whistling:

Joey, I hope your relative is right in her belief that many Richmond workers at W/S will not be terribly affected.

Edited by burt

Indeed :whistling:

I"m really hoping they'll opt to add additional space for other tenants or components. Height isn't that important to me most of the time, but that parcel deserves something signature IMO. Hopefully it'll have some decent street interaction as well since that's kind of a dead zone with all the parking decks and Dominions 15 ft wall.

On RCW, supmeup has seen renderings of a 35 story building that will be 450-500feet...Cool!

By golly, he sure did say that! Wonder where he got his info? He says reportedly it could be the tallest in Virginia.

Yep, the race is on!

Edited by burt

That will be one nice addition to the Skyline I mean 450-500 Feet will be an awesome addition. I can't wait guys. This will be nice.

He says the rendering is of a building 450 to 500 feet to the roof. No spire in the rendering. He says it is very slender with concrete, glass and metal.

Bummer..at least it's tall! We need to hound him for those renderings :lol:

Yes! The race is on...maybe! I really want to see this mysterious rendering. Perhaps the design won't allow for a spire, but I sure would love to see one!!! The news of this is buzzing and seems to be a build-up for what, I hope, will be an announcement soon!

Actually, supMeup's comment on RCW says the tower could rise as high as 35 stories to 550 feet -- that's 50 feet higher than we've been saying here. It wouldn't require much of a spire to win the highest title if it went that high to the roof.

• 2 weeks later...

More news from today's in/Rich:

Sun Trust is going to trim 300 jobs in its banking system across the several states in which it operates. They are also selling the 10th and Main building and will lease it from a new owner.

James River Group, Inc. will be bought out by the hedge fund D. E. Shaw & Company. The company's portfolio includes James River Insursance Co. in western Henrico where it employs145 people. No change, except growth, is expected in Richmond.

Edited by burt

SunTrust's downtown tower is a nice one and something like 95% leased. Great food in the SunTrust cafeteria for the lunch crowd too! Plus it has downtown's only green roof! I don't think it'll be difficult to sell it at all.

I imagine SunTrust owns their Mortgage HQ complex across the river though?

Don't click on the links (I haven't, but I think it's fishy)!

I think you're right, Coupe. It was also posted on the Norfolk forum and has drawn a "Huh?" from one of the regulars.

If the lady wants us to read something, she can jolly well give us more information instead of this elusive lead.

Opening it could possibly be a bad mistake and cause damage.

Edited by burt