Richmond: Economy/Business/Real Estate

wrldcoupe4

Here's an interesting item I saw in Sunday's Commercial Notes at inRich:

"The 700 Building, an 18-story office building with 181,790 square feet of space at 700 E. Main St., for $8.15 million to BH Rosenberg LLC from Wells Fargo Bank."

Granted, this structure was one of the few high rises to go up in the 1960's, but does that sales price sound rediculously low to anyone else?

Here's an interesting item I saw in Sunday's Commercial Notes at inRich:

"The 700 Building, an 18-story office building with 181,790 square feet of space at 700 E. Main St., for $8.15 million to BH Rosenberg LLC from Wells Fargo Bank."

Granted, this structure was one of the few high rises to go up in the 1960's, but does that sales price sound rediculously low to anyone else?

It comes out to be roughly $45 per sqft. That is low for a sale. But do realize that this is a Class C building.

If I knew it was on sale, I could have got some investors to buy that building.

It was a foreclosure and it needs lots of capital improvements.

Correct... I guess the Kiniry guys are focused on trying to get the ball rolling on their proposed building in Monroe Ward now...

It's a shame the new owner intends to have the building remain office space... Vacancy rates for B/C space are very high and it would help if some inventory was pulled off the market. This building could probably convert to a residential use if the numbers make sense... I'm sure the facade could be improved in the process.

Greenville, SC walked away from negotiations with Rolls-Royce when they learned the project would be split between a location in the US and Singapore. They wanted all or nothing. Virginia pursued its bid and won out for the US portion, though at considerable cost. Certainly, Rolls-Royce Headquarters in Chantilly must have had some bearing on the decision.

It's a quality company. Initial hires will be about 300 less than hoped, but future expansion and the luring of supporting companies will boost job levels and the area economy. Average pay will be about $48,000.

I'd still like to know where it is going to be built in Prince George.

Didn't Norfolk/Southern recently decide to build a huge railway yard in the county?

Not to mention the staggering effect the enlarged Fort Lee will have on Prince George.

I heard that it is to be built near the intersection of 460 and 295.

Cam it wasnt meant to be funny. Heck Y101 does stuff like this all the time they act like they really mean it but really they just joke like the other day on Y101 they joked about the cities masterplan. They said the city of richmond is a piece of garbage who would put one foot into the city. They would say stuff like that. Thats the way im telling it. Believe me im not serious I just get a little carried away.

Edited by Downtowner

Cam it wasnt meant to be funny. Heck Y101 does stuff like this all the time they act like they really mean it but really they just joke like the other day on Y101 they joked about the cities masterplan. They said the city of richmond is a piece of garbage who would put one foot into the city. They would say stuff like that. Thats the way im telling it. Believe me im not serious I just get a little carried away.

Don't use radio stations as role models...

Fred Ortiz, former partner at SMBW Architects,has joined the Richmond Office of Dallas-based HKS, Inc. At SMBW, Ortiz worked on the recladding of City Hall among other high profile jobs.

He says: "I like the idea of designing high rise buildings on technically challenging sites."

OK, Fred, a suggestion; get to work on the triangle lot. :)

From today's inRich:

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news/busines...12-08-0054.html

The downtown Marriott changes hands. From today's inRich:

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-co...12-08-0052.html

Yeah, and I personally know Glade M. Knight whose company is buying the Marriott. I know that he and his company will be good stewards of the property.

Edited by eandslee

Yeah, and I personally know Glade M. Knight whose company is buying the Marriott. I know that he and his company will be good stewards of the property.

Eric, do you suppose they will enlarge it? At one time there was talk of adding a 200-room tower along the 6th Street side at Marshall Street.