Brainard Airport/MDC Arena Plan

HartfordTycoon

I'm just thinking out loud, but after looking at some pictures of Baltimore's marina in another thread, I am completely convinced that Hartford needs a marina/harbor area. Could someone with a strength in engineering and design (BillM?) please develop a plan for the Marina and the Airport to co-exist as it would be a tremendous intermodal transit acheivement to have air, water, maybe rail?, transit in one place? It is possible? I think it should be as long as it's planned correctly.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wasn't the original plan for Riverpoint in E. Hartford 2 towers and a marina? I would love to be able to walk to my boat rather than driving to s. glastonbury. why not put in a marina as part of the riverfront recapture project. the river is over 20 feet deep on the south side of the bulkely bridge by the ampitheatre, so no need to dredge like on the north side of the bulkley where it is 2-4 feet deep. i think a marina would be a better use for that spot than the ampitheatre. could have put something like that on the north side of the bulkley, no?

I would like to see a man-made marina somewhere between the Candy Cane building and Coltsville. It could be fed by the Park River and would provide a much needed connection between the Colt complex and downtown. If 91 creates too much of a height restriction for boats, maybe further south as mentioned in the MDC plan.

I would like to see a man-made marina somewhere between the Candy Cane building and Coltsville. It could be fed by the Park River and would provide a much needed connection between the Colt complex and downtown. If 91 creates too much of a height restriction for boats, maybe further south as mentioned in the MDC plan.

That location would be great. I drove through there yesterday and I can almost envision the area post transformation now. The ongoing construction at Dutch Point, Coltsville, and now even Dillon Stadium are great signs. It's sooo close to Downtown and without the projects it's a way more pleasant transition. That area will be a winner very soon.

That location would be great. I drove through there yesterday and I can almost envision the area post transformation now. The ongoing construction at Dutch Point, Coltsville, and now even Dillon Stadium are great signs. It's sooo close to Downtown and without the projects it's a way more pleasant transition. That area will be a winner very soon.

................And at the foot of Charter Oak Avenue is where I would imagine a city street spanning the river would connect to the Silver lane extention.

................And at the foot of Charter Oak Avenue is where I would imagine a city street spanning the river would connect to the Silver lane extention.

That would be one of the best decisions this region could ever make if you ask me. That would work so well to connect Adriaen's Landing to Rentschler Field, 2 very important sites in our new Hartford.

Archived