Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mith242

NWA Air Quality Monitering

3 posts in this topic

I supopose this is a sign of our metros growth but soon the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality will soon be monitering NWA's air. All the equipment will be set up at the Springdale Airport, a somewhat central location in the metro. The only other similar monitering station is at the North Little Rock Municipal Airport.

I supopose this is a sign of our metros growth but soon the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality will soon be monitering NWA's air. All the equipment will be set up at the Springdale Airport, a somewhat central location in the metro. The only other similar monitering station is at the North Little Rock Municipal Airport.

Couldn't they set it up somewhere further away from all of Springdales chicken plants? But then I guess stench doesn't have much impact on air quality unless it's caused by methane.

I'm not sure where the best location would be. I do imagine they wanted something somewhat centralized. Maybe they thought Lowell was too small and provide samples not reflected of other areas of the metro.